[R/D] chapter four: the false exit

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, enlighten me...who the hell are you?"
The man asks, nearing closer to me, the monsters arent moving...just staring at me.

"...i have the right to keep my identity secret, especially from people that seem untrustworthy."
I mumble, he puts his hand over where his heart is located.

"Well that hurt."
He says, before chuckling.

"Sir, i need you to step back."
I say.

"Sir? The manners on this one. You think you can tell me to do shit? Kid, I'm twice your size and your strength."
The man says....is he threatening me??

"Step. Away. There is a little boy im protecting and if you keep me from doing that, I'm going to take drastic actions.."
I say, he tilts his head, seemingly interested at the mentioning of Ben.

"A little boy, huh? Well you don't really need to protect him anymore, hell, he could be dead as we speak! If he's so little he probably died the second you walked off."
The man exclaims, smiling sickly.

"You are disgusting."
I growl, glaring at him, he doesn't seem as angry as he did in the church...is he fucking with me?

"Disgusting? Ooh, ouch, that hurt. Seems like our foreign friend here doesn't know manners as well as i thought...gotta say, i like the fight You're trying to put up."
The man says, hes close enough to where i can smell him...the sickeningly familiar smell of tobacco and metallic rust lingers all over him.

He extends his hand to me, a small smirk etched into the corners of his lips...his glasses may block his eyes, but i can feel the stare he's giving me.

"Disperse, i have work to do and you're blocking me from it!"
I exclaim, staring at his hand...im not gonna shake his hand, i don't want that smell on me.

the monsters roar at me, but when stop when he moves his hand away from me and puts it in the air...they stop. does he control these things??

"i don't think you should go walking around here with that attitude, personally i fucking love it, but if you'd happen to get caught by any of the other Lords here...you'd be more than dead."
The man says, smiling...Lords?

"I don't want your fucking advice, and i don't want your fucking compliment!"
I yell.

"Jeez, you dont give up on the yelling do you? I gotta say...i fucking love it."
The man says, striking a shiver of disgust down my entire body.

His head moves ever so slightly, up and down, he starts tapping on my shoulder where the small logo is usually placed.

"This looks like an officer uniform, but there's no police badge on this...so what are you then?"
The man asks.

"...Im a special forces officer, im armed and i intend to use force to save the remaining population here...im not gonna leave until i do."
I growl, glaring daggers at the man.

"So you're an officer, huh? Someone as weak looking as you was sent off to hell? Damn, whoever you work for is an idiot."
He says, chuckling, i just continue to glare.

A sudden roar echoes from far off, and the man look over to where it came from, before looking at me.

"Well little 'officer', seems like i need to go, consider yourself lucky....or not, i can come back."
He says, waving before walking away, the monsters follow after, leaving me alone in the graveyard, i look over to a small home that's just another gate away, and through it i see a familiar face sticking out a window.

"...Ben! BEN!!"
I shout, running to the gate, thankfully this one isn't locked, i get through it with ease and run to the houses door.

"Ben!! Its me, let me in!!"
I yell, banging on the door, it opens quickly, and a pair of arms quickly wrap around me.

"You're safe!!"
Ben exclaims, i quickly hug him back, when he pulls away with a smile, i notice his puffy eyes..has he been crying?

"I ran into someone, there were monsters, it was so weird...."
I mumble.

"...i heard growling when i was looking for a hiding place, so i ran and hid in here..."
Ben says.

"You were right to hide, I got that door open, lets go in quickly!"
I say, Ben nods and we run off to the steel gate.

Inside the new area, theres more graves, a couple houses, and that church...im never gonna get that creepy man off my mind when i see a church now.

"Okay, the door we need to get through to reach the forest should be right...wait."
Ben mumbles.

"What..?"
I ask.

"I-its gone.."
Ben says.

"Gone?? Doors cant disappear..are you sure this is the right place??"
I ask.

"Yes...its just not here anymore...oh no.."
Ben mumbles.

"is there another way out??"
I ask.

"Yes, but..its not easy, and we may get really really hurt."
Ben says.

"I'd do anything to escape at this point, what is it?"
I ask, ben points to something.

I look at where hes pointing and see a giant castle, it looks amazing, if not a little creepy.

"An abandoned castle?"
I mumble.

"Not abandoned...whoever goes there doesn't come back, so there may be a chance that there's an escape, to the woods or just a carriage ride to another town, its a good chance though.."
Ben says.

"But what if the missing people were just killed by monsters? We could be going to our death!"
I say.

"its either that or we keep looking for a way out, but its gonna be dark soon, and that's usually a time where the monsters are more...angry, and we cant see them to run away."
Ben explains.

"...alright then, lead the way."
I mumble, Ben nods.

We keep on a stone pathway, the cold makes me shiver, but luckily there's no snow yet. my gash feels like its getting sliced all over again, but its not like i have any way to make it stop, no medical aid or anything.

I wonder if Ben is right, is there a way out through this castle? Or are we about to write our own bloody ending? Whatever happens..i want to protect Ben, hes still so young, he has so much to live for, and i want to help him escape to a place that gives him opportunity to live..

"Its just up here...we gotta be careful."
Ben says.

"Okay."
I say.

we finally make it to a large doorway, Ben starts pushing on the door, but it doesn't budge.

"I'll help."
I say, Ben nods.

We both push and the door creeks open, revealing an amazing house.

"Wow..."
I whisper.

"Yeah, its really pretty.."
Ben mumbles.

We walk in, and the door closes behind us, a sudden rush of flies surround the doors in front of us.

"What the..?!"
I shout, the flies morph into humans..three of them.

"Well well well..."
A blonde one says.

"W-what...?!"
Ben whimpers, the three fly people show weapons.

"Mother would love these.."
The red haired one says.

They bring down their weapons on us. knocking Ben and I out with the back of their weapons.

Everything goes black.