"What are you doing?"

Angelo turned around, slightly started by her sudden appearance, but he quickly brings it together and smiles. "I'm making breakfast for my beautiful wife." He says like it's obvious but Lia isn't so persuaded. She looked suspicious, rightly so.

"Why?"

Angelo began to place the final pancake onto her plate and picked it up. Blueberry pancakes, sausage, and seasoned eggs, her favorite. He used to make this for her all the time when they first got married.

He sets it down on the island in front of her. "Because I'm sorry." He lets out in a sigh. "Because I'm an idiot and I miss my wife."

He comes over and cradles Lia's face in the palms of his large hands and looks into the eyes of his wife with gentle sentiment. "I miss you, Lia."

Lia's hardened expression faltered a bit while looking at Angelo. He was a very handsome man, amazing bone structure, tall, strong. He was such a heartbreaker in high school and to think he decided to settle down with her.

Turns out he couldn't fall out of his old ways so easily.

Lia has come to realize that she spent so much of her teenage and young adult life. She was 25 but got married at 20. So young to be committing your life to a person. But he didn't commit. He cheated and there's a chance he's still cheating, just trying to get back into her good graces.

He couldn't earn her trust back with a smile and a plate of breakfast. Trust was fragile, just a whisper and it would shatter. He didn't just whisper on it. He screamed and then danced on it. That trust wasn't shattered, it was obliterated into a fine dust. Impossible to piece back together the way it was before.

But Lia wanted to feel like she could trust him. He was her husband, the man she vowed her life to until they died. She'd always love him a little bit.

"You broke my trust, Angelo. Making me breakfast means nothing to me." She crossed her arms with a disappointing sigh.

Angelo's lips turned into a slight frown at her rejection of his mini olive branch. He couldn't have possibly believed that would do it. He wasn't that stupid.

"I'm trying to make it up to you. I've been home on time nearly every night. I've given you your space." He reasoned. "I even let you take the bed that I bought."

"Because you fucking cheated on me for a year, you fucking dick!"

She couldn't believe him. Why is she even here taking his shit? Because he owns the house and pays for literally everything in her life. She needed him for financial support.

They were at each other's throats. Torn apart by Angelo's infidelity. Yes, she was cheating too, but she had never thought about being unfaithful until she found out that he was fucking some stupid, blonde bitch at work.

Lia had to be sure to kick the bitches ass because she knew Angelo was married and Lia had met the woman before at a gallery.

"Can I at least sleep in the bed? You're my wife, this is my house, that is my bed. I want to feel at home in my own house."

The audacity of the bastard. Lia should slap him right here, but hitting was no way to solve a problem and she wouldn't want him to hit her just because she got annoying.

But her lips twitched, scowling venomously at him. After a moment, she smiled at him, very passive-aggressively. "You know what? Fine, you can sleep in the bed, Angelo, since you want it so bad, but I'm not sleeping with you."

She shoved away the plate. "And to think, I wanted to start a family with you."

With that, Lia turned and marched off, unable to look at him any longer in fear that she may curse him the fuck out. She should do that but everything was already on the rocks as it is.