-Late Relaxation-

Start from the beginning

"Mind if I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"...why did that... thing that kicked you and Solomon out of the game tell you to 'grow up'?"

An audible sigh was heard from Red, before he responded. "Warlock... the one who kicked us out was Warlock. He, and all of the other creatures in Hell, see me as nothing more then a stupid kid even though I've reached maturity long ago..." There was a hint of annoyance and tiredness in his voice as he explained.

"That's stupid." Zachary mumbled.

"Yes! It is! Everything about how all of Hell treats me is stupid. They chain me up, they torture me, they starve me, they manipulate me, they use me to do their bidding- the list goes on!" Red ranted. "They say I'm weak, they say I can't even get a human soul... but I have, they just don't want to see and accept that I'm just as good as them- maybe better."

There was nothing but silence from Zachary for a moment.

"...Is that.... why you killed Melissa?"

Red turned away from him. "...No. that... that's not the reason why."

"Then what is the reason, then?"

Red didn't respond.

"Red. Why did you kill her?"

"I don't want to talk about th-"

"Why did you kill Melissa, Red?!"

Red's back hunched as he backed away from Zachary.

"Answer me!" Zachary's voice raised, "Why did you kill her?! Why?! She didn't do anything!"

"Yes, she did."

Zachary opened his mouth to yell at Red again, but stopped. A weak choking sound was heard, instead.

Red glanced down at Solomon, then back up at Zachary, his hand raised as his eyes glowed. "Keep yelling, and you'll wake everyone up." Red lowered his hand, and his eyes stopped glowing.

Zachary placed a hand around his neck, rubbing it, "Why'd you-"

"Do... you know about the Tansendance Project?"

"No?"

"..not surprised. The Tansendance Project was an experiment done on the cartridge me and Sol are from. Basically, people were volunteering to play the game while other people study what effects the game had on them."

"Was Melissa a part of that?"

"Yes. And I was told to force the project  to stop by getting rid of the volunteers... scared some of them off... Melissa... was one of the ones who just wouldn't leave, so I had to resort to killing her."

Zachary was silent for a long while, taking the time to process the information. Red began shaking as he started to bite and claw at his own wrists and arms, quickly starting to bleed.

"Red, what are you doing?"

Red glanced at Zachary, stopping for a moment, before turning away and continuing to harm himself.

"Red..." Zachary leaned forward, reaching out to Red, before grabbing and holding him in his arms all while Red thrashed about.

"Let go of me!" Red hissed as he tiredly tried to free himself from Zachary's grasp. Zach tightly grabbed one of Red's wrists, causing Red to stop for a second.

"Why are you bleeding..?"

Red only looked away from him, not answering.

"Red-" Before Zachary could even finish, Red quickly swiped a claw at Zachary's face, causing Zach to scream in pain and clutch his eye as Red quickly scurried off to another room.

"Aaggh- Red, why?!" Zachary groaned in pain, removing a hand from the bleeding scratches across his eye, "Why?!"

A yawn was heard, causing Zachary to notice that Solomon was just awakening. The Demon Bat stretched out his arms, sitting up, before lazily putting them down and laying on the floor again.

"...Hey.." Solomon mumbled. "What's all the yelling for...?"

"...Nothing. Red's just being difficult-"

"He's not your pet, he's your guest. You gotta treat him like one."

Zachary quietly stared at Solomon.

Solomon began mumbling, "Yeah, I know, he messed up stuff, but you still have to treat him like a guest-"

"Just go back to bed."

"Nah, not gonna..."

Zachary sighed, laying back down on the couch, letting himself drift off to sleep again.

When he awoke, he found both Solomon and Red laying on his chest, asleep. Normally, he'd question it but now... he was just tired of everything, and let it be.