"Would it kill you to be polite?" Narumi sighs.
"Um... I never really learned how." I laugh, nervously.

He looks and Shinoa and points at me.
"Teach him." He instructs as if I'm some animal.

Shinoa laughs, lightly, at the bold statement.

The attention runs to the mission when Kagiyama points out the time left,
"Four minutes."

"Playtime's over, kids. Even if your as useless as rusty spoons... our squad will make this a success." Narumi insults.

"Hey! We'll be usefu- Oof!"

Mitsuba and Kimizuki knock me down, ruthlessly as Shinoa excuses my behaviour.

If (Y/n) were here, she'd definitely defend... me... No, she wouldn't. The audacity!

"Pay him no mind! However... What Private Yuichiro Hyakuya said is the opinion of this entire squad." Shinoa defends.

"We of Shinoa squad are still rookies. But we will not unduly burden Mokot Narumi squad." Shinoa continues.

"I'll accept that. But I'll command both units." He agrees, and Shinoa agrees to the term.

"Shusaku. Give us one last run down." Makoto instructs.

"In four minutes time... at exactly 1400 hours... the vampire extermination unit called the 'Moon Demon Company' under the command of Lt. Colonel Ichinose... will conduct a simultaneous attack against eight vampire Nobles living in Nagoya. Makoto Narumi And Shinoa Hiragi squads have been given orders... to eliminate fifteenth progenitor Lucal Wesker. Should we fail to destroy him... we are to prevent him from joining any other nobles. We will then hold position until Guren Ichinose squad has eliminated nineteenth progenitor Mel Stefano... and comes to reinforce us. There are a total of ten nobles residing in Nagoya. Our simultaneous attack is aimed to eliminate eight of those ten... within fifteen minutes. Each noble is to be eliminated by three Moon Demon Company squads. But no one is stationed very far apart. If anyone fails and the nobles are allowed to team up, we're finished. The entire company will be killed." He finishes explaining.

"We're the exception with only two squads on one noble. They have high hopes for us. We cannot afford to fail. The failure of one person..." Narumi states.

"...can affect the lives of all 101 members of the Moon Demon Company." Shinoa finishes off the sentence.

"The fact that one of us is so lazy that he didn't bother remembering our target's name will move our chance of failure is that much higher." Narumi drags on.

"What's the point of in remembering the target's name? But... I have memorised the names of everyone here and not here who I have to protect. Shinoa. Kimizuki. Mitsuba. Yoichi. (Y/n)." I pause for a moment, staring at the ground.

"Makoto Narumi. Yayoi Endo. Rika Inoue. Taro Kagiyama. Shusaku Iwasaki. I won't let anyone here die. Just like Guren said... All of us are going to go home victorious. The vampires here are as good as dead." I declare.

...

"Two minutes left." Kimizuki reminds us.
"Everybody, prepare to take your supplements. It takes ten minutes for them to take effect. And they'll last at least fifteen minutes. Time it down to the last second, so we burst out at 1400 hours sharp. The target-"

"Sh-should be here already. According to our information, he will be sitting on a bench in the park plaza. He comes here at approximately this time every day." Yayoi Endo says.

"Gawd... Hearing that just gives me the chills." Rika comments.

"Relax. This is a fight we can win. The target doesn't know we're here. He totally underestimated us. But we're prepared for him. None of us will die. At least, not anyone in Makoto Narumi squad, or-" Makoto starts, but gets interrupted by Shinoa.

"Shinoa Hiragi squad... will perform its mission. We will remain dispassionate and complete our mission without casualties."

"One minute left. Everyone get your supplements. We will all take them ten seconds before the mission start."

I gaze from the broken window, up at Yoichi's position in a cellular tower.

«•»

Having watched two attacks, one from Yoichi and another from General Shinya, fire, Narumi gives the signal to charge in.

"It's started. Time to go! Let's make this thing succeed!"
"Narumi! I've got a black demon! I'll take point! I'm going to see what the enemy's got. Back me up!" I call to him, taking my role.

"...Then get going. Your death won't be in vain." He responds.
"Hey! At least pretend to have my back!"

"Haha! Go. And no dying, kid." He smiles.
"Of course not!" I grin, heading into battle.

(1237 Words)