Zainab and David : SENIOR

Comenzar desde el principio

She snorts "yep! Guys like you. David. Zainab beware of the boy named David" she tells herself

********************

The school press club has just put up photographs of the basketball game on the notice board to mark the victory.

The notice board is inside a transparent box to prevent students damaging the contents on the board.

The place is already crowded with students. The basketball team walk to the board while the crowd make way while cheering.

They observe the pictures until....

" Dave look " TG nudges him and points at a specific picture. The picture of David, who has the widest grin on his face and he is carrying a smiling Zainab. The caption underneath the picture is; ' we didn't know the captain is not single '

David hides his shocked expression with his customized face mask .

"You got anything to do with her? Isn't she Aliyah's younger sister?"

"She is. This is a mistake"

**************"***

Zainab is situated on the couch watching kdrama. The door bell rings.
Aliyah runs to the door
"Who is it ?"

"It's David" the person responds

She opens the door
"David what are you....."

He pushes past her and heads straight to Zainab. Zainab is too intrigued by the show to notice what's happening. She feels a tap on her shoulder and looks up.

She screeches " Senior"

He shoves an envelope to her chest "it's not a proposal but a command"
With that being said he is out the door.

Aliyah quickly closes the door and runs to meet Zainab
"Zain what's that?"

"I don't know"

"Well open it already" she urges her

She opens it with caution
"There is an invitation in it. ; Zainab Yunusa you are invited as David's date to the annual basketball gala party. The venue is intercontinental hotel in Eko island. Timing is 8pm. Thank you"

They both let out terrified screams.

"Aliyah!!!" A voice shouts from the garden

"Yes mother"

"What's going on? Why were you screaming?"

Aliyah looks to Zainab for help. Since she gets none she replies " uh I. .. Erm ..... Lee min ho was shirtless again and this time he has tattoos aaah!"

"Okay that's enough. Put off that TV and go clean the artic. Both of you."

They silently groan " yes mum"
********************

"We don't want mum to find out about this" Aliyah dusts a shelf.
They are currently in the artic.

Zainab chokes on the dust "when last was this place cleaned. It's so dusty and oddly sticky."

"It's never been cleaned since we moved here"

"Argh do you smell dead rat? Why are there no lights in here? " Zainab huffs as her leg gets stuck in some wires

"I don't smell dead rat, I see dead rat"

"What? Where?" Zainab whips around pointing her flash light everywhere to find it.

"It's the bones that's remaining. It has so decomposed that there's no more flesh" Aliya squats a few inches away from it.

"How do you know it's a rat's skeleton?" Zainab peers over her shoulder.

"Well for one, you said you smell the dead rat and I take biology class very seriously. I want to be a veterinary Doctor and if I don't get that score who is gonna do it for me" Aliyah stands. "pack that up and on your way back up bring the mop"

Zainab does as told

"So what's the plan? Am I going?"

"Ofcourse you are going. If you get connections at this age, my girl you are made. If people identify you with David , that's success already."

"How?"

"David may be that *cough* dang this dust. As I was saying, David may be this cocky, ego driven annoyance but he's good in his sport. He's the best in the state and many other higher institutions are dragging for him. His life is already set. If the media or other top people in the basketball industry see you with him as his date. You'll be hot news and if you want to enter college all David needs to do is put in a good word."

"But we're not dating"

Aliyah places a hand on her shoulder " my dear from tomorrow, you are his girlfriend in the judging eyes of the public"

Zainab pouts "so it's arranged"

Aliyah blows the  dust off a big standing mirror and stares at her reflection " not really if you can play your cards right"

"How"

"Make him fall for you. David is from a very wealthy and well known family. You'll be so famous and one thing." Aliyah looks her dead in the eye. "His mother is a hard woman. Get her to love you"

Holla so here's another couple. I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. Thanks for reading.

And don't forget to VOTE and tell me what you think

Bless you 😘💜