hidden

ANOTHER INTERVIEW. ANOTHER FUCKING interview. Another one I had to watch. I got to watch her blush about boys that were mentioned. I never get jealous, never. She told me she didn't want to bring us up because she didn't want the media to think she moved on from Josh so fast. The fans wanted her to be happy, so what did she care?

She just went on about boy after boy. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. She's sweet, I love her, but she keeps me hidden. The only time you keep things hidden is when you don't want people to find out because if they did you'd be embarrassed. 

She'd be coming over in a few hours. I wasn't in the mood to see her anymore, I wanted her to stop talking about every boy they mentioned like she was fucking in love with them. 

I made myself comfortable on the couch. I shut the TV off before the interview ended, I didn't want to watch it anymore. So, I went onto my laptop and scrolled through movie suggestions. It was crappy outside, it was getting dark. I was glad I had an extra blanket on me. I missed her warmth, but I was mad at her, so I can't miss her.

I fell asleep watching some stupid cooking show, some lady was screaming about cooking the wrong thing. And when you're upset it's entertaining to watch other people get screamed at, try it sometime. 

I woke up to thunder rumbling outside. Olivia would be here in twenty minutes. I didn't want to get up, I wanted to lay there forever. I was so comfortable wedged between three pillows and seven million blankets. The AC was all the way up, and it wasn't too hot outside to begin with. I liked the cold. 

I heard the front door to my apartment open. I heard the keys clink in the blow beside it. I heard her take her shoes off, and her feet pattering against the hardwood floor. I've missed her. I'm mad at her.

"Baby, I brought food. Why is it so dark?"

"I like it this way," I mumbled. "Don't turn the lights on." 

"Alright... Well, Miss 'I like it in the dark,' I brought a peace offering. I know you saw the interview," she said. I watched her figure moved to the other end of the L shaped couch. "Want to watch a movie?"

"I'm mad at you," I mutter. "No."

"Baby, please? I'm only here a week, be mad at me later." 

"Nope," I said. I sat up, internally groaning.  

"Are you hungry?" She asked, sitting containers on the glass coffee table. "I brought food." 

"Sure." I got up and grabbed some plates. "Water?" 

"Aren't you mad at me?" she mocked. "I can get it myself."

"I'm mad. Not a man, I'm not gonna be disrespectful." 

"Fine. Yes, a water is fine." 

I came back with plates and water. She smiled and took them from me. I regrettingly flicked the lights back on. She's been crying. "What's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" 

"You look like you've been crying," I said. "What's wrong?" 

"I knew you were mad. I hate when you're mad," she said, taking a sip of water. 

"Liv, it's not all my fault."

"It's not all mine either," she teethed. "I'm sorry. It's just this whole thing sucks. You act like I don't want to scream to the world how crazy I am for you." 

"Then why don't you?" 

"Because. My agent constantly reminds me of what's best for the fans." 

"The fans won't care," I said. Grabbing some food. "I promise they won't." 

"I know that," she said softly. 

"Do you?" 

"Stop."

"No."

"Y/n," she warned. "You can't get mad--"

"What? Every time you sit up there and talk about how attractive the boys they try to set you up with are? You don't have to tell them about me, you don't. But, my god Olivia. Don't play innocent. It's horrible. I sit here wondering if I am what you need and want, because I've never heard you talk about me the way you talk about them. Am I stupid for wanting my girlfriend to not talk about other boys?" 

"Y/n."

"Don't Y/n me, Olivia. Listen." 

"I am listening! I am!" she shouted. "I want you. You know that, I don't like them. I like you, but sometimes I don't know what to say to them."

"I don't want to talk about boys! I'm here to talk about my new show! How about that?" 

"It's not that simple," she muttered. Tears were forming in her eyes. 

"Baby..." I muttered softly. "Baby, I'm sorry." I wrapped my arms around her. She pushed me off. "Olivia." 

"I'm sorry," she muttered. Her tears falling down her cheeks. I cupped her face and this time she didn't move away. I swiped the tears away.

"Let's watch a movie. Your pick," I whispered. She nodded slowly, biting her lip as tears kept coming. "Liv, what is it?" 

"I don't wanna lose you," she sobbed. "I'm sorry--"

"Nope. Shut up, you aren't gonna lose me." 

"But--"

"No buts." She giggled. "Movie?" 

"Yeah," she smiled. "Something scary."

"The intruder," I smirked. She knows I've been wanting to watch it. She nodded. We forgot about the food. "TV or laptop?" 

"Laptop." I grabbed for my laptop. Moving back to where I was sitting before she got here. 

"Come here." She crawled into my lap. I wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her towards me as I placed my laptop on her stomach. She reached for me hand that was free and intertwined our fingers. 

The movie began and she got more comfortable. We'd be okay.