Xiao: Salty yet Sweet Pt.3

This might be a terribly risky idea, but one i'm willing to take. I decided to take an Early trip down the street to the bakery, perhaps a bit too early, I almost lost hope when I glanced at the sign that read "Closed" outside.

However, before I decided to give up, I happen to catch a glimpse of a very disheveled looking Xiao. His dark hair along with the teal blue streaks of hair was ruffled, Messy apron with a smidge of flour and frosting on his cheek. The sweet aroma of vanilla filled your nose.

His amber eyes widened as he noticed me standing there outside the bakery. He gestured his hand calling me inside

"(Y/N) what are you doing here? This early?"

Usually, he doesn't look this frazzled I hate to admit it but he looked cute in a way.

A nervous chuckled escaped from my mouth as I fidgeted in place

"I was just taking a walk and passed by the bakery."

He raised his brow, "You know you really are a bad liar."

You sighed, "Okay, I might be stupid—"

"You are." He raised his hand as He corrected you in between your sentence, it made you want to wipe that smug look off his face.

"I'll pretend I did not hear that." You grit your teeth. "Anyways, I am just here to help you." I admitted

He tilted his head successfully conveying his confusion. Did he hear that correctly?

"Help me? I don't need any help." He stated "I suggest you take what you need and go get ready for the festival" He suggested in a rather cold tone. His focus was now shifted on the cupcakes that were baking in the oven. The entire bakery smelled heavenly, The scent of Vanilla early in the morning was divine. But you had more important things to handle right now, specifically a short stubborn grumpy old man. 

"Look, I feel bad that you're going to miss out on the festival and I want to help reduce some of your workload. It's the least I could do."

"Where is all of this coming from?" He placed a hand on his hip as he leaned on the counter

"I-I don't know, I just thought it'd be nice to help you out. From what I understand, you barely have time for yourself. No wonder you're so uptight all the time. You need a break." I explained.

"Hmph, You do realize that I could get into a lot of trouble if you take this risk."

"That is, If your boss finds out, Xiao." I retorted

He lets out an exhale, "How did I get myself into this mess." He whispered under his breath 

"What was that?"

"Nothing" He averted his gaze, letting out an exhale accepting defeat. "Do you know anything about baking?" He questioned me, Which caused me to scratch my head. 

"Uh, I've dabbled before. I'm not too bad."

"Hmph Fine, I'm not going to waste my time any further arguing with you anyway. But if we are going to do this then you're going to have to do as I say, got it?" He spoke sternly

"Yes, sir!" I joked

"Put on an apron and come with me." 

———————————————

"How do you do that?" I yelled, as i stared in awe.

"Years of experience"

You were mesmerized by his decorating skills. In the past hour, he managed to bake so many desserts, all by himself. His swiftness and speed was definitely his strength. He frosted several cupcakes before my eyes in a few minutes, all perfectly. So adept in what he does, it was amazing really.