Diluc: The Dove & The Phoenix Pt. 1

This Not a story about Xiao. 

Definitely new for me, but i figured i'd also write about other few characters i prefer. 

Diluc is one of them. Though I'm not a simp,  I do love his character. 

It's hard for me to write about other characters since i don't fully understand how to write them. 

But I tried, Hope you all enjoy it.

——————

The sound of your heart thumping clouded your train of thought, you could only think of one thing to do, find shelter and hide. Though it would take a miracle for someone to allow a stranger to stay at their house for a night. You recognized the town you reached, Mondstadt the land of freedom. You knew you'd reach Mondstadt since it wasn't so far from your hometown.

You stumbled upon a garden, several Grape vines were set up. You saw a sign but couldn't see what was written on it since it was nighttime. The illuminated lamps on the balustrade that led to the porch of the large beautiful mansion that stood before you, promises that someone was home. You hoped you'd earn their hospitality, though it seemed bleak since you were a poor peasant, an outlander who was peculiar.

You marveled at the sight, since you had only seen such luxurious houses in your dreams. You took a few deep breaths, running for hours and feeling famished owing to the ill treatment from the people of my hometown caused you to feel drained but you still, somehow, had enough strength to stand straight, standing infront of the large mahogany door

"Is luck on my side tonight? worth a try i suppose."

You knocked twice. Few moments later the sound of footsteps could be heard and there stood A Pale young lady with a soft expression opened the door, She was about to speak but stood speechless at the sight of you. It was understandable considering the fact that you along with the tattered clothes you wore were smothered in ash. Not to mention the few drops of blood from the bruises and cuts on your limbs stained your clothes. All worn out except for the pendant you wore around your neck with the silver feather charm glistening bright, not a single scratch or drop of blood stain.

her eyes widened

"O-oh my..." She Stammered

She called another one of the maids, you felt my legs starting to give up on you. She frantically invited you in, You were greeted with a few shocked expressions and whispers amongst the maids, nevertheless they gave you some medicine for the pain and bandages for the bleeding.

"I shall draw you a bath, it'll take a couple minutes for the water to warm up dear."

"Thank you.." you said meekly.

As you sat on the Tan leather couch wrapped in a blue shawl, you were admiring the house. Everything was elegant all except for one large vase. It was out of place, the bright colors didn't fit with the Brunette, Garnet and Gold hues. You shrugged it off, the leather felt cold against your skin was a contrast to th experience you went through this morning before you decided to escape. You shook your head wanting to avoid those thoughts you turned your attention towards the hurdle of the maids who stood a few feet away from you. There were three young maids, One was far more matue than the other two.

"You think Master Diluc would be against this idea?"

"What if she's a theif? He would surely be mad at us. We're done for!"

"Oh come now, Diluc may be cold at times but t he isn't heartless. On the contrary, he would have probably done the same thing."

"I hope you're right."

"Well, We couldn't just let her bleed to death out on the doorstep!"

Most of what they were saying were unintelligible but whatever you heard lacked context. For instance the they were worried about a man named 'Diluc'. Based on what you could perceive, he seemed to be the owner of this house. You sighed as you took a look at the pendant you wore around your neck, it had a silver feather charm. But quickly perked your head towards the maid who was approaching you.

"Are you feeling a little better now dear?" She questioned, I nodded slowly. She introduced herself as Adelinde the head maid of the mansion here at Dawn Winery. The other two maids introduced themselves as well, the one with long honey colored hair was Hillie and the one with short auburn hair was Moco.

"May I know your name?" Adelinde asked

"(Y/N)"

"(Y/N) Alright, where are you from?"

You didn't respond properly, however you simply told her that you come from the east. Your hometown wasn't far from Mondstadt, head to the east from Mondstadt, you'll come across a small village amidst the hills, but the mere thought of your hometown made you grit your teeth in anger.

Perhaps you just got lucky, lucky to have stumbled upon this place and lucky enough to find shelter even if it was just for one night.

" Maybe once I regain enough energy and heal from my injuries, I could go find some other place. Don't want to overstay my welcome." you pondered to yourself

————————

"Adelinde, You should know better than to just invite any stranger into our home."

Just as you feared, the owner, Diluc wasn't for the idea of having a stranger stay. You felt terrible but you had expected as much. He was a rich wealthy man, whereas you were little in front of him, a stranger nowhere close to his status. 

"Master, she was bleeding I couldn't just leave her. she looked horrible"

"I understand your intention Adelinde, but how can we be so sure she isn't a threat?" He said bluntly

"Sir, with all due respect, I trust that she isn't a threat. She seems to have come from a bad place, barely escaped. She doesn't seem to have ulterior intentions."  She Argued

The tall, crimson haired man shot a piercing gaze towards your direction, observing your appearance. You felt intimidated, looking down at your bare feet not meeting his gaze. 

He sighed, "Fine, she can stay for a few nights."  he begrudgingly agreed.

before he went upstairs, to his study you presume, he turned around and glared at you. Though no words were spoken it was clear that he was going to keep an eye on your every move, that mere glare was enough to communicate those words. Though you felt intimidated, you weren't afraid. You knew you were innocent. 

Adelinde came up to me, "Don't mind him, he seems rude but he does have a good heart. You needn't worry (Y/N)" 

Innocent indeed but with a few hidden secrets and a dark past you were reluctant to reveal.

————————