Prologue

MWAHAHAHAH I MADE A PROLOGUE I FEEL SO POWERFUL

Sorry if I got the detail a bit wrong and sorry this is so short. I hope it's interesting enough.

Also. How does the man above look so hot yet he's still a goddamn mEME??

Warnings: guns, mind control, violence, idek if there's swearing in there but knowing me there probably is

Word count: 343 (dang, as short as me)

The man pulled the woman closer as the heavy iron door slammed open. Another man stood in the doorway, in a white lab coat which was so bright it stung the first's eyes. The former growled softly and his arms tightened around the woman.

'Time to go,' the man in the lab coat said.

'No,' the other snarled. 'You can't take her away from me again.'

The scientist lifted a hand, and suddenly, he was flanked by mindless soldiers, their rifles cocked not at the man, but at the woman. She held back a whimper, fingers digging into the man's shoulder.

'Why me?'

'Let her go,' the scientist commanded. To the woman, he said, 'You. Stand up and walk over here.'

'You'll have to drag me,' she snapped.

'As you wish.'

Two of the soldiers came up, one knocking out the man with the butt of his gun, the other dragging the woman away. She could have been strong, and the way she held herself showed this, but she hadn't had enough food or water to fight against them.

'No!' She screamed. 'No!'

Another soldier grabbed her other arm as her struggling became stronger, fueled by desperation. They dragged her along the synthetic white hallway, pressing her into a small box like compartment inside a high ceilinged room and closed the door. She beat against the small glass window as a scientist walked in calmly, starting to recite those words...

Those words that had caused her so much pain, had caused her to cause so much pain. Those words that struck the fearless woman down into the deep pit of terror, that made her sink to her knees inside the compartment and cover her ears, crying out as the words became embedded in her brain, her soul. And still she screamed.

His face blank, like he was simply watching specimens in a petri dish, the scientist spoke the last syllables. The woman let out a last cry, and her eyes went blank. She stood; spoke, her voice cold and inhuman.

'Ready to comply.'