Chrissie's POV

October 1990 / New York 

"Oh god... I'm so nervous Jon" My hand squeezing his as the nerves bubble away inside of me "Hey... no matter what... I love you". I glance over to him, his blue eyes instantly soothing me "I love you too". We're at least half way through the show when my partner in the Swan Lake comes walking on the stage, earning cheers and claps from the audience. 

"Good evening everyone..... Every year... we present a very special award to someone who we feel is deserving of it... someone who has made a mark in the dance industry" He pauses for a moment while he glances round the room, building the suspense. "This years award is going to a lovely young woman.... a beautiful dancer.... well... I think this video will tell you everything you need to know about her" He turns towards a large screen just as a video starts playing. 

My eyes widen with surprise when I see a home video from when I was a little girl at my first dance class "What the fuck?". I quickly glance over at Jon to see him wide eyed and smiling away to the video "Did you know about this Jon?". "I'm the one they asked for the videos babe" Whispering into my ear but keeping his eyes on the video. There's a collage of multiple different home videos of me practicing my ballet dancing when I was little right up until my accident. The next video makes my heart ache, it shows me in the hospital with the pins in my legs and arms and bandages all over my body. Jon has never seen this video before, but it makes me wonder if he gave them this "You didn't give them that did you?". I glance over to him when he doesn't respond, tears rolling down his cheeks and his jaw is nearly on the floor. There is a man's voice narrating the whole thing like a movie trailer which makes the whole thing more strange. The video continues on, showing how long I was in hospital for, when I got the pins taken out, when I first started walking again then finally when I started dancing again. I can hear people sobbing and sniffling as they intensely watch the video of my life. The Swan Lake music starts playing, showing me dancing away on stage then cuts straight to Sleeping Beauty, The nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet and so on with some home videos of me dancing mixed in between. 

Finally the video comes to an end, leaving me with a rush of emotions flooding through me. "For this years Life achievement award for dance.... we would like to present it to...... Christiana Bongiovi" I gasp so loudly and turn to Jon, pulling him in for a passionate kiss "I love you". I nervously get up and make my way to the stage with nothing but the piece of paper with my thankyou speech on. With the help from an assistant, I make my way up the steps, trying my best not to fall over and make a fool of myself. He hands me the award and kisses me on the cheek before standing off to the side. I take a few deep breaths to settle my nerves but they're still bubbling away inside of me. I glance over at Jon and he blows me a kiss which instantly sooths me. 

"Uhmm.... Wow.... Thankyou for this... I never expected anything like this... But it truly means a lot... Thankyou David for being here and presenting me with this.... Umm.... I've been dancing for as long as I can remember.... It's the only time I felt free... felt at peace.... my dad used to say 'Well you can walk... so you're already half way there kid'" I break off into a small giggle, shaking my head in disbelief. "I don't think he realised just how much work and time goes into dancing.... I would practice whenever and wherever I could... I remember the day of my first class... I was so frustrated because... I didn't get anything right.... but I went home and practiced none stop and my next lesson was much better.... and that's the trick... you practice until you're blue in the face and you push past the pain and the frustration.... you believe in yourself and your abilities and you can truly overcome anything" I take a moment to appreciate the award, thinking of what to say next. On my piece of paper I only had the list of names Jon told me to write, so all this is improvised. I think all the best awards are improvised and not thought about too much, it means it's coming straight from the heart.