Still Say Yes to You

Start from the beginning

He pulled at his necktie. His fingers were shaking a little.

Glad to know I'm not the only one affected by your barging in here.

Then she remembered his reason for being there.

"I'm sorry. I'm not yet ready. Will you..."

"Your father gave me a key last time I was here. He wanted to give me the house as a collateral for a loan. I told him I wouldn't accept it, but he insisted. And for his peace of mind, I took the keys. I have every intention of giving them back to you." He pointed to the bedside table behind her.

She saw the keys with her father's favorite keychain. It was a double-sided rustic oval fingerprint and handwriting keychain with a message that said, I love you. It was from her mother. To know that her father had willingly parted with it... Had he given up on any hope of getting cured, if only by miracle?

"T-thank you." She really didn't know what to say.

"I wouldn't have come in unannounced, but when I got no answer I was worried. I didn't bother using my cellphone."

He was explaing? This was new.

Serena shivered and she heard him mutter an expletive.

"Oh, for goodness' sake!" In an instant, he was in front of her again, and closer this time. He'd picked up the towel from the bed and he was rubbing her hair dry, none too gently.

She took the towel from his hands and the movement caused the towel around her body to loosen, and fall down to the carpet.

She looked up at him as she gasped, making a motion of going after the towel, and disregarding it altogether. She was a little surprised to see the familiar warmth in his eyes that was there everytime they made love.

She trembled again and he hugged her tight using one hand, his breasts pressed on his hard chest.

"You're beginning to chill," he admonished, but his voice was tender.

She raised her hands to push at his muscled chest. If only he knew that desire was making her legs weak, and her body tremble.

She raised her face to look at him and saw a glint in his eye. He had stopped toweling her hair dry and had dropped the towel on the carpeted floor, next to the smaller one. His hold had relaxed, but they were still too close for comfort, and his eyes were taking in her naked form.

She felt her cheeks grow warm and she looked away. Her hands on his chest lost whatever strength they had.

"W...worried?" She was beginning to sound like a parrot.

His arms were around her in an instant. Tight. Tighter. "Do you want this?" he asked huskily. "Look at me," he commanded.

She could see hunger in his eyes, and it could be the same as the thirst reflected in hers.

If this was a mistake, she'd regret it tomorrow. She looked at him and nodded. She could feel his hardness on her flat abdomen.

"I need to hear it," he said.

"Yes, Darien."

When he reached out to cup her cheek and kiss her, she ran her hands over his broad shoulders, his wide back, then proceeded to remove his tie. He helped her remove his clothes and only stepped away to remove his shoes, belt and pants. Briefs instead of boxers.

She remembered almost everything about him.

"You're still so perfect," he whispered as he joined her on the bed.