one

We sat there with my legs draped over yours. You had a cigarette at yours lips, and damn, you were beautiful. I loved watching you while you were deep in thought. The way you furrowed your eyebrows and bit your lip until it was a cherry color, you were hypnotizing.

I always had wondered what went through your mind. Did you think of me as much as I think of you? It still frustrates me to this day how you always enter my thoughts.

It took one look at you and I knew that I would spend too much time trying to write a poem as beautiful as you. I never did. I still try sometimes. But lately I've not been trying at all.

"You know, Zahara," you started. You blew out a breathe of smoke and looked at me. "I think I was blind before I met you."

I looked at you for a while before answering, "How so?" Your eyes were filled with adoration and I had butterflies in my stomach.

"I had no hope for this world, Zahara. I thought life was completely hopeless. But I see things more clear now. There are some good things in this world. Those little things that are worth living for." You had a stern look on your face and you were now looking at me intently.

"This world is a beautiful disastrous place and you make it a little more bearable."

Oh, Harry. Why did you say this? If this was true, then why did you leave? Did you give up on me along with the rest of the world? I miss you so much, please come back.

Everything around me has been blurry lately, Harry. Nothing is in focus. Has it always been like this? Maybe I was always so focused on you that everything around me seemed clear.

I can't breathe right now. Please come back. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

But before I can dwell on my thoughts anymore, I'm off again. On the run that never seems to end.