Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Sophia’s POV

The police station just called and told us that a woman name Charlotte Empage is already under their control and was in the cell this late afternoon – an hour after the incident in the mall.

“Baby, I am very sorry for being not there on your side when you were in danger.” Then he hug me. Andito kami ngayon sa bed naming dalawa at nakahiga. We were both tired from earlier. We just ate our early dinner and now, we are about to rest.

“Kaizer.” Then I face him and hold his face. “I’ve got to tell you something.” Nanginginig na sabi ko sa kanya. I don’t know but I know he have to know that everything was fake and all the drama out there. And I know, whatever the result, I know I deserve it.

“Kaizer, it’s not true. Everything. The scratches. I-I created it to myself. I-I’m sorry.” I was watching him intently but he just sat up and watched me coldly. I sat up to facing him. “I-I’m sorry. But she did pull my hair hard. But the scratches was made by me. P-please don’t be angry. K-kaizer.” I look up to him and he raise his hands. I thought he would hurt me but I just feel the way he caress my hair and touched my lips. It was good. It was nice and it was soft.

I open my eyes and found him watching me with those worried eyes. “I am never gonna hurt you. What you did was wrong. You are hurting yourself Sophia! I even won’t let anyone touch you but then you are hurting yourself. Hurt or not, I’ll always be your side. Always. Why did you have to do this? Look at your lips, those scratches and the way you look earlier. I was horrified when I saw that Charlotte was pushing you. I was afraid.” He closed his eyes hard and open again. Those alluring eyes of his was on mine. Oh! I am falling harder.

“I’m sorry.” Then I bowed my head and bite my lower lip. “I didn’t mean to. All I want was to see you protecting me like a real wife. I know I am being childish and paranoid but I want you to have me wholely.” Then I again, I bite my lower lip and close my eyes.

He guided my gaze back to him. “Open your eyes.” He uttered. Then I opened my eyes. “Baby, you are my REAL wife. Your wrong or hers, I would still be with you, you should know that. What more would I do to make you at peace that I am and always be on your side? Are the things I did not enough? The way I tell you I love you doesn’t make sense to you. You think I am joking here? Baby, no. I love you. I really do.” Then he closed the space between us and hug me. Now, as I think of it. I am really being childish. I wasn’t thinking.

“Me too. I have something to confess but promise me, you will only listen until I say so. Please. Promise me you will shut up and never talk unless I told you. Promise me.” Sakai to lumayo sa pagkaka hug sa akin and looked at me.

Kahit naguguluhan ako. I did. “I promise.”

“Remember the day, that there is always shadows you’ll be seeing and all? The man who kissed you in the ‘Bahay Ampunan’? Sophia, I am that guy. I am. And I have – powers. You see, I am someone you could never believe. Someone with an abnormal body range, the strength that every guy would envy, a speed of almost seeing nothing, and I thirst blood –“ but I cut him off. What a joke? Still, my heart was beating fast.