𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑, 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

Danielle Campbell as Bailee Mayfield

Andrew Garfield as Dalton Mayfield

Joshua Bassett as Ricky Bowen

rest of the hsmtmts cast as themselves

꧁𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.
𝑖'𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟
𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑖 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑎𝑑꧂

♥︎♥︎♥︎

bailee Mayfield loved musical theatre and musicals in general. she had managed to make her life revolve around it, every musical production her school put on she was in. her dream was to be on Broadway, even if she was just a background singer, she wanted it. her older brother, dalton, and best friend, Ricky Bowen, always supporting her. even though Ricky HATED musicals. a few years ago, bailee and dalton's grandpa had passed. bailee struggled a lot, her grandpa had to be her favourite person in the world. he was the most precious man anyone would meet, bailee still has her moments where she cries.

dalton Mayfield. the hotter, older brother of bailee. pretty much all the girls threw themselves onto him all the time, bailee gets people telling her stuff like, oh my god your brother is so hot blah blah blah. she couldn't stand it but it kept daltons ego up, yet dalton refused to date anyone. dalton was one of bailee's best friends, yes he was her brother, but they were the closest pair of siblings in salt lake. he was there for her through every breakup, every fight, when their grandpa had passed, and when nobody else was there.

as for Ricky Bowen, he was bailee's best friend, they were closer than she was to her brother. Ricky and her met in the fourth-grade science fair, they were forced to be partnered up and they clicked immediately. bailee was at his house every night, or he was at hers. if that wasn't the case, they were at their other friend's house, big red. the pair has experienced some feelings for each other a few times in their friendship, but through it all, Ricky was always in love with Nini. in tenth grade he and nini started dating, but bailee never lost feelings for her best friend. she was never a fan of nini, she always thought she was annoying, Ricky knew that too, he didn't like change all that much so he didn't even want to fight about it.

change was Ricky's weakness, he didn't handle it well nor like it. Ricky had always come to bailee when he was upset, some would say he is too clingy towards her but bailee thought differently. she loved her best friend, she didn't care how attached he was, she loved helping him, even if he just needed a talk. bailee always believed that Ricky had seen her as an older sister that was there to be like his therapist but was she wrong.

what happens when bailee gets the part of Gabriella in her school's production of high school musical and the pair fall for each other? will it end in disaster? or will it be like a fairytale?

***

maria speaks.
hi yall!! it's finally here!!! I'm excited to write this, but you know me, I can't make promises that I will update consistently, but I will promise that I'll try for this book!

really huge thank you to bestie Kylie for helping me with a lot on this book! she is literally a lifesaver, bestie I dont know what I would do without you lmao. but she helped with characters, made the gifs, etc. wheelerblossom

I dont mind if you pretend bailee is you, but I would appreciate it if you kept the "I, we, us, etc" to yourself. this isn't an x reader book. thank you :)

also, dont be a ghost reader!
comments + votes are appreciated and
motivate me personally! plus yall
can be so funny on this app when
yall wanna be!

also, dont be a ghost reader! comments + votes are appreciated and motivate me personally! plus yall can be so funny on this app whenyall wanna be!