T H I R T Y S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you're on that side because I get to see your engagement ring whilst I drive." Lando grins cutely, looking at Teena who had a soft smile plastered on her face.

"Don't stare at it for too long because you'll crash." She teases, the girl moving some of her hair out of her face as he drives.

He drives them both to a place fairly high up, parking his McLaren far away from the edge of the mountain before the pair of them get out and move to sit on the bench that was close to the edge.

"This is gorgeous." Teena speaks softly, her hair moving in the morning breeze as Lando looks around.

"Who knew Russia could be this nice?" Lando questions.

♡♡♡

After spending their morning in the mountains of Sochi, Lando drove them back down to the hotel to get ready for the day. He waited for Teena to finish curling her hair before they both left for the paddock, the brunette letting his nerves get to him as they arrived.

He intertwined his left hand with her right hand, the girl moving her hair out of her face with her left as they walked through the paddock together. Kym was snapping pictures of them both smiling like idiots, and in the last picture he got you could 100% see the engagement ring sitting perfectly on her finger.

The second he uploaded it to Instagram, both were receiving a large volume of notifications from the app and it was a little confusing for them both. Lando showed everyone in the McLaren garage first, listening to everyone cheering before they all congratulated the pair and gave them a hug.

He was slightly more relaxed now that the people he worked with knew, because it meant none of them would give him confused looks or would lecture him about the decision. Now it was telling the rest of the paddock, considering Kym had practically told the entirety of social media that Teena was walking around with an expensive diamond on her hand.

"I'm gonna go see Charles and Pierre, I'll be back." Teena smiles, knowing that Lando and Pierre weren't exactly friends. Lando nodded, giving her a kiss before she left the McLaren hospitality to find her cousin and one of her many childhood friends.

"Teena!" She hears someone call, the girl stopping to see who exactly had called her name. She rolls her eyes as Lewis makes her way over to her, the girl tucking her hair behind her ear as he stops in front of her.

"Uh, hi." Lewis beams.

"Do you need anything important?" She questions.

"Why'd you say yes?" Lewis asks, watching her roll her eyes at his remark.

"Because I love him, Lewis. Why else would I say yes?" Teena huffs.

"Come on, Teena. We both know you only got with him to get back at me." Lewis speaks.

"You're delusional." She scoffs, turning on her feet and walking away from him,

Lewis had convinced himself that she never truly loved Lando, that she only did it to get back at him for cheating on her, but deep down he knew he was lying to himself. He watched the way she looked at him with sparkles in her eyes, the way she smiled at everything he said and everything he did for her, the way she would go out of her way to do anything for him.