Chapter III: Traitors

Start from the beginning

"Just hold on a second chicky--"

"You acted like you cared about me and you know what's the worst part? I actually fucking believed you."

My words seemed to hit home with Hawks as I felt his body go limp in my hold, the vermillion wings that decorated his back dropping ever so slightly. Despite his body language, the expression on his face told a different story as blank eyes stared back at me, a evil smirk starting to appear on the #2 hero's face. 

He didn't give me any time to voice my confusion as I felt his apologetic body language immediately tense under my touch, turning into a confident posture. He still didn't resist in my hold, but as I saw his eyes darken into a sinister look I knew that any semblance of the #2 hero was gone-- replaced with the villainous traitor I never would've expected Hawks of all people to become.

"Well sorry to tell ya sweet cheeks, but you should never believe a single word that comes from my mouth. I've always wanted to break free of this cage that we call hero society, and The League is giving me a chance to prove myself to them so that I can help to make my dream a reality, a world where we can all fly freely. And sure I betrayed you-- but I got you out of the Commission didn't I? You were obviously crying for help back there when you were healing my wound so I figured why not kill two birds with one stone? Help The League and help..."

Hawks fingers suddenly digging into my sides startled me, his next words coming out even more sinister than the rest.

"...a poor little damsel in distress-- maybe even earning myself a kiss of gratitude in return? Or maybe even something a little more?"

I stared at Hawks for a moment, emotions blank on my face as I tried to make sense of the situation. His emotions and his actions had taken a complete 180 since the last time I spoke with him, but his grip on my hip was deathly tight as if he was trying to tell me something. 

After fifteen years of the Commission's training, I had become adept at reading others emotions-- especially when it comes to body language. And right now, Hawks's body language was trying to convey something more to me, but as to what it was? I had no fucking idea.

"Get your hands off of me before I fucking kill you, you damn chicken shit."

Hawks's death grip immediately released me at my words, his casual and cocky persona coming back in full force as he ignored me and directed his gaze towards Dabi who was casually leaning against the wall observing our interaction.

"Just as I told ya, a real spitfire right Dabi? She'd fit right in with the others in The League."

"She already has birdbrain. Shigaraki has taken a real liking to her."

Pushing off from his spot on the wall, Dabi walked towards us, casually swinging his arm around my shoulders and pulling me away from Hawks so that I was no longer pinning him up against the wall.

"You're looking at our newest member of The League Hawks. So you better show Yui some respect, cause as of today she ranks above hero trash like you."

The subtle twitch in Hawks's wings was the only sign that I saw that indicated that Dabi's statement had surprised him, his avian eyes still just as sinister as before as he continued talking to Dabi.

"Wow, she's accepted with open arms in less than twenty four hours and with everything I've done for you so far I'm still not to be trusted? Come on Dabi man, I thought we were buddies!"

"Like I'd be buddies with the likes of you. I still don't trust you one bit Hawks-- isn't that what you just told Yui? You should never believe a single word that comes from my mouth. Well I can agree with you on that because I don't. You still have a long way to go to prove yourself loyal to The League, hero."