"Hello!" Charlotte chirps, and Conrad turns to face her.

She looks past her, and her eyes land on Silas and Barbara, who look both nervous and excited.

"Connie," Silas beams, his arms flying around his daughter.

Barbara forces herself into the hug, too, her eyes brimming with tears with a smile on her face.

"Hi," Conrad mumbles, her words muffled by her father's shoulder, which is practically in her mouth.

"You're suffocating her," Barbara scolds, checking her bright red lipstick in her hand mirror.

"I'm not; she's fine. She has strong lungs," Silas sighs, looking around the room.

It isn't too busy at the moment, but when Conrad and Sabrina had arrived, it had been almost full, with them taking the last two seats. There are only a few scattered couples who seem to be waiting to see a doctor, judging by the various injuries visible.

"And who's this?" Barbara coos, bending down to offer Sabrina her hand.

"Sabrina Amaretti," Sabrina says confidently, shaking Barbara's hand.

"Oh, you're gorgeous," Barbara grins, sitting beside the little girl.

"This is my mom, and this is my dad. Barbara and Silas," Conrad whispers to Sabrina, who nods determinedly, standing up to offer her hand to Silas.

He tries not to laugh as he shakes her hand, his paw dwarfing her little hand.

"How is he?" Silas asks once Sabrina sits back down between Charlotte and Barbara, chattering away between the three of them.

Conrad walks towards the window, Silas following her.

He has his usual heavy boots on, and she stares at them dubiously as he leaves wet tracks behind him.

"I wiped my feet, but it's snowing outside. I can't get it all out of the treads," Silas shrugs, folding his arms as they gaze out the window.

He was shot. I still don't know by who; they have no idea. He was shot while I was being led into the forest to be killed. Nothing will convince me that this wasn't a planned attack, Conrad links her father, pursing her lips.

It certainly would have been planned. If they only got rid of one of you, they'd have to deal with the hell the other would raise. Did they catch the girl who tried to hurt you? Charlotte wasn't sure, Silas responds, looking around the room.

His eyes are flashing between those of his human and those of his wolf, and the scent of anger is rolling off him in waves.

Calm down. I'm fine. I don't know if they caught her yet; I should hear in the next few hours, Conrad replies sharply, glancing over at him.

I'm not going to calm down. They tried to kill my only daughter; if they think I'm going to go home and leave you here while your boyfriend is out of action, they're very incorrect. I will not leave here until he's perfectly healthy, Silas warns her, and Conrad sighs audibly.

Her phone rings and she clenches her jaw, pulling it out quickly.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this," she mutters, hurrying out of the waiting room and into the hall.

"Hello?" Conrad utters, and she can hear someone cheer.

"Okay, we didn't think you'd answer. Is he okay? Are you okay? They got Scarlet, she's in the cells, but they're still looking for the guy who hit Carlos. We've got guards covering the hospital for you," Amber rushes to get everything out, and Conrad raises an eyebrow.