Chapter 16 - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"I love this album" Draco said, smiling and holding it protectively to his chest.

"Sentimental Slytherin," Harry accused, but his lips were curving in a grin. He ran his palm up the blond's spine. "You know, it'll probably be another hour, at least, before Eli shows his face. Even on a Christmas morning that kid hasn't made it up before dawn."

"Shocking" Draco drawled as he leaned back against the Gryffindor and sighed as Harry's hand drifted over his shoulder, grazing his chest through his robe. "I was always up before the sun. Father always complained that he wished I was so perky during the rest of the year when there were..." the blond let his sentence drift off sadly.

Harry gave the blond a hug, knowing that there was nothing he could say to alleviate the sorrow that had happened in the past. The Gryffindor decided to distract the saddened wizard and he began to nibble at the nape of Draco's neck making shivers dance down his spine.

"Seems I have a few minutes alone to make love to my husband," Harry purred thickly as he reached around the blond and pulled the album from his loose grasp, then slowly nudged the Slytherin down onto the rug.

Draco smiled, looking up into dark green eyes. "I have a Christmas gift for you."

Harry's lips curved, his eyes heavy lidded and full of intent. "My favourite kind of gift," he assured.

The blond laughed softly. "Well, there's that, too."

The Gryffindor propped his elbow beside the blond head and slowly drew his fingers through that pale, silky hair. "Do I get to unwrap it?" he asked, smirking.

Draco reached into his robe pocket and pulled out a letter.

"What's this?" Harry questioned opening it. He looked at the attached photo with the letter of approval.

Draco squelched the quick dart of nervousness accosting him. "I know we haven't talked about it or anything."

"This is a baby," Harry stated bemusedly.

The blond slowly nodded. "I just got the owl this morning from the orphanage. I can't give you a child in the normal sense, so I thought..."

Harry's eyes searched the Slytherin's hopeful face and then he drew his head closer and brushed his lips over the blond's. The Gryffindor deepened the kiss for a moment that was entirely too brief before he was lifting his head again.

"We're really going to need a bigger house," Harry said with a wide grin.

Draco laughed softly. "We'll figure it out." The Slytherin leaned up to catch his husband's lips once more and Harry's legs moved restlessly against the blond's.

Harry closed his hands over Draco's shoulders, gently pinning him to the rug. "We'll need a four-bedroom house; one for Eli, one for the baby and one for us, of course," the dark haired wizard planned.

"You said four" Draco reminded him.

"Oh, yeah" Harry added with a mischievous grin. "The other one is for Megan."

Draco blinked. "What?" The words sank in a little more fully. The blond scrambled from beneath him, pushing the Gryffindor down onto the rug and peered into his face. "Megan?"

"Here." Harry fumbled into his robe pocket as Draco had done and pulled an envelope out. "It came yesterday when you were out."

Draco took the envelope and pulled out the single sheet of parchment inside. "It's from Coleman Black" he frowned, shooting Harry a look. "And it's addressed to you. You're not keeping any secrets about The Agency from me, are you?"

Harry snorted softly. "I'll stick to simple law enforcement, thanks. I'll let the Slytherins in the family do all the cloak and dagger stuff."

"Then how did you reach him?"

"I managed a bit of magic," Harry smirked, waggling his eyebrows.

Draco focused on the parchment again, deciding he didn't care how the former Auror had done it. He found the missive hard to read because his hand was shaking. "She's going to be here by New Year's Day." He cast a look at Harry. "What if she doesn't want to live with us? What if Eli doesn't want her to stay?"

Harry pushed his fingers through Draco's pale hair. "She will" he promised. "He will."

Draco looked into his husband's eyes and saw nothing but the future written there. It wouldn't all be smooth sailing, he knew, considering who they were, but that would just lend excitement to their relationship. He did know that whatever their lives brought, they'd meet it all, together. "I love you, Harry."

The Gryffindor smiled slowly and drew the Slytherin down with him. "I love you, too," Harry said softly before taking Draco's lips in a passionate kiss as his hands pulled off the robe covering his husbands body.

On the stairs above them, Molly Weasley smiled softly, looked to the heavens and gave a silent prayer. Then she quietly thumped her way back to bed. She didn't have to get up and start breakfast just yet...

THE END