Chapter 16 - Epilogue

"Merry Christmas, Mr Malfoy-Potter."

Draco looked up from the photo album on his lap as Harry come into the room. "Happy Christmas, yourself," he responded.

They'd gotten married only a week before in a small affair, held in the magically expanded living room of the Burrow, with just their family of friends.

Dee, who had acted as Maid of Honor, had been outright awed to find out her best friend was a wizard and had spent hours after the ceremony talking to Arthur Weasley, questioning him about magic just as ardently as he had questioned her about all things muggle.

Harry had been concerned that the Weasleys would not accept his choice, especially since he had been married to Ginny, but his long time friends and adopted family had taken the news of this rather different development in his life in stride, after the initial shock had worn off. Seven years was a long time and the Weasley's just couldn't hold a grudge against the blond for that amount of time. They had been the ones to offer their home to the couple for the wedding; a bewildered Ron had been the best man.

Eli had carried the rings to the pair of wizards happily, and though he'd dropped one of them, to the laughter of all, he'd quickly found it and all was well.

The wedding itself had been quickly put together and beautiful and far more perfect than any elaborate plans that could have been done up. Now the pair was staying with the Weasley's, at least for the time being. Beyond that, they hadn't yet determined in which world they would end up living.

Draco's house in Little Whinging was comfortable enough for two, but with Eli, they would definitely be tight. The blond was also loath to give up his muggle teaching job at the elementary school, and commuting back and forth between the wizarding world and the muggle one day after day held little appeal for any of them.

Harry had been offered the position of acting Captain at the muggle police station in Little Whinging.

If he accepted, there would be a special election held and he could officially be voted into office.

For now, the blond was content with where they were. He had missed the wizarding world, and although he didn't know if he wanted to stay for good, he still was glad for the hospitality of the Weasley's to allow them the time they needed to decide their future.

Harry moved next to his husband and Draco ran his hand up the Gryffindor's leg causing the dark haired wizard to laugh softly and then bend down to sit beside him on the soft rug. He wore dark blue pajama bottoms in deference to the other people in the house, and a terrycloth robe that hung loose from his wide shoulders. "Couldn't sleep, or did you come down her to rattle a few packages?" Harry teased his mate.

Behind them, the fire that Draco had started when he'd come downstairs was beginning to catch. It crackled softly. "I had a few things to deliver on Father Christmas's behalf" he replied with a saucy grin.

Harry looked over at the fireplace. The stocking that Eli had hung was bulging with little gifts. "Father Christmas has been busy," he murmured, smiling faintly, because the stocking looked even fuller than it had when he'd delivered a few things, too. "What're you looking at?"

Draco lifted the album that Hermione Granger had given him the evening before as a gift. "You were such a pretty young boy" the blond teased. Hermione had made up an album of pictures of Harry since the time she had met him in first year.

"Exactly what every man wants to hear" Harry drawled. He reached over and angled the book on Draco's lap so he could see. "Merlin, those are old pictures. I wonder when Hermione took these?" Flipping through, he recognized some of them as having been taken by Colin Creevey and some that had been in the Daily Prophet.