Chapter One - A Kings Party

Some of this is legend, but at least this much is fact when rioting citizens of France destroyed the Bastille, they discovered in its records this mysterious entry...Prisoner 64389000 - The man in the Iron mask.

Throughout history people forgot details. Some because they didn't know, others it was merely legend. And for rest it was easy to make up a story about something else that would make our country look good and citizens be proud because the actual truth was like fiction.

But, I sit here now telling everyone one the truth. The truth behind what you may not know, what you think might be a myth and legend. But it is not. How do I know the story I am about to tell? That is a good question. Believe it or not I am descended from such a person who was a musketeer in King Louis XIV army. Who was there through the story in which i am about to tell. Of course now he is just one of the many famous musketeer but i will tell you all about that later.

But for now i think i should leave the rest of the story to someone more central to the story. For it is her tale and experience which you will know.

-Belle-

I lifted up my dress as I made my way down the steps of my house. My brother Raoul and I were attending the Kings palace with my hopeful yet unconfirmed soon to be sister in law, Christine

"Relax, Raoul. After all you're my son. How could any woman resist you?" Papa asked with a small smiled as he was digging through a small doc clearly looking for something.

"Very easily looking like that." I jest making my way over to him. I turned him around and fixed him, so he looked at least somewhat presentable. "Do you think heading to the palace like this will win you your bride." Raoul rolled his eyes

"When will you ask her?" My papa wonders, seemingly finding what he was looking for in the small box.

"Today, as we arrive, or perhaps when we are leaving. When I think about it, I get confused." I smile up towards my elder twin brother as my papa comes over to us.

"Will this help?" he wonders holding up mothers ring?

"Mothers ring? I can't take this...." Papa put his hands on my brothers shoulders

"She died giving the two of you to me. I want to die knowing it's on the finger of the woman my son loves."

"It's so nice to know you love me to papa" I move away from them, with a fake small pout just to be dramatic. Papa chuckles coming over to me, with a small smiled

"I do which is why I want you to have this my child." He held up a necklace, I recognised it immediately from the small portrait I had seen.

"Mother's necklace." i muttered touching it then drawing my hand back. "Papa, I couldn't."

"You can and you will. You are a young woman now and who knows, you might find yourself a husband." he suggested and I laughed shaking my head.

"Doubtful, papa. I don't think I will love anyone as much as the two of you." I smile and kissed his cheek.

"Go the both of you and bring back a fiancée." he shooed us out of the door and we took the carriage to pick Christine up from her home.

-------

The three of us were taken by carriage into the palace grounds. I smiled at how beautiful it was, it is a shame that we had such a boy king. One who cares more about himself from what goes on in his own country. I have walked through many of the streets we now pass, the people were starving and wanting some compassion from their king but with no such luck.

-3rd Person-

Louis fourteenth of that name, was being fawned over ready for the days events. As he was being readied there was also talks of a possible attack from the dutch.