Only then, it had been Harry with Brody, both of whom Draco trusted not to lose their heads while he'd stood between them.

Tommy? Draco would never have believed it of the normally friendly, chatty deputy if he weren't witnessing it with his own eyes. Tommy had been a fixture since Draco had come to this town, always quiet around women, but still a decent guy. Everyone thought he was a decent guy, but there was no question, he wielded that gun as if he were fully prepared to use it.

Harry was speaking again. "So this is really about a girl? Who?" the ex-Auror asked, as if he didn't know. "If she doesn't know what a catch you are on a deputy's salary, why would you want her anyway? Theres plenty of other girls that would love to have you."

Tommy snorted. "Yeah, you'd say that. You can have anyone you want, women or men." His gaze cut to Draco for a moment.

The blond swallowed, pressing his lips together in irritation. From the corner of his vision, he saw Harry's hands fist and just as abruptly uncurl. "And I'm doing it on a deputy's salary," Harry said, figuring there was no sense in the muggle police officer knowing about his wizards bank account.

"Hell, Tommy, you're in very good shape and decent looking," the dark haired wizard complimented. "All you'd have to do is crook your finger and the girls would come running."

Tommy was evidently tired of the topic. He leveled the gun at Harry. "You have another salary coming in from somewhere. I've done some checking and I haven't figured out what you're doing to get the extra money, but you're not as poor as you let on. I would imagine you're not totally innocent of wrong doing if you're keeping this extra money secret, so what's the harm with me doing the same." The deputy glared at his fellow officer. "Now, where's the package? I know it was turned in here."

Harry slowly lifted his hands and shook his head. "If I knew, don't you think I'd tell you just so you'd put that gun away?" There was no way for Harry to tell the man that the confiscated drug potion was now in the wizarding world, switched for muggle methamphetamine. The chief and other officers had had their memory altered to accept this as nothing more than a normal drug bust. The only people the memory charm wouldn't affect would be those working within the group of dealers.

You're a regular laugh factory," Tommy hissed. He gestured with the gun. "Everybody go, into the chief's office."

Pamela kept her death grip on Draco's arm. Harry turned, giving them an almost imperceptible nod. Draco felt like his heart was going to explode out of his chest. He and Pamela turned and started walking toward the dispatcher's desk. They had to pass it before they could reach the Chief Clay's office beyond it. As they neared the desk, Pamela stumbled knocking into Draco and his hip hit the desk.

"What are you trying to pull?" Tommy's voice was loud. "Move it!"

"I'm sorry!" Pamela cried with soft, frightened snuffles.

"Get some backbone," Tommy snapped.

Draco turned his head and glared at the man. "I never realized you were a jerk," the blond retorted sharply. "And if you think this little stunt is going to impress Dee, you might as well forget it. She was never impressed with you in the first place."

Harry's eyes looked like murky pools of green water and he shook his head in warning at the Slytherin.

"Shut up," Tommy ordered.

Draco turned and he and Pamela passed the desk, Harry crowding closely behind them as they entered the office. Tommy stood in the doorway, blocking their exit. "Open every drawer," he stated flatly. "Every cabinet."

"Most of them are locked," Harry pointed out.

Tommy swore. "Open...every...one."

Harry shrugged. He nodded toward the filing cabinet in the far corner of the room. "Draco, you try there. The captain keeps his key to it in the top drawer of his desk. Pam, check the desk drawers."