Omake 4 {Goodbye...For Now}

Start from the beginning

It was real that her sister was dead...

Without realizing it, Aira had collapsed to her knees. She cried and cried, no longer caring that she was crying out in the public. She didn't want to believe...

Iris was alive just a few weeks ago, she was alive when they had fought the night before the incident. She was alive went she went to school that morning. Everything was fine so why? Why her?

The black-haired girl broke down. Aira couldn't stop crying as arms had wrapped themselves around her. She found herself in a hug as she had cried onto her best friend's shoulders. She cried because she had lost a sister...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moments had passed as the ceremony finally ended. Iris's family had already headed back home which was no surprise seeing it became too much for them.

"...it's hard to believe..." Keon sighed, looking around the cemetery. Not many had lingered long after the ceremony. Though, they had excused themselves from their families, wishing to stick around a little bit longer.

"Iris is gone..." Erina bit her lips. She didn't want to burst out crying again. Kathryn patted her shoulder in comfort but the brunette was no better. Her eyes were bloodshot red from all the crying. They all had cried.

"We had seen her..." Yumi frowned, clutching her hands tightly. "We had seen her alive...just moments before that incident" the black-haired girl furrowed her brows. She could recall that day as if it was yesterday. She hated it...

"And getting hit by a truck of all things?" Keon had forced out laughter before her forced smile had faded into a scowl. Her body had begun to tremble from all the rage and despair that she was feeling all at once.

The others had looked at her with sad eyes. They all didn't want to believe that they had lost a friend to someone's poor negligence.

Bursting with emotions, Keon couldn't help but stormed her feet against the ground. "Who the fuck are you kidding?!" She clutched her fists tight. "She...she was fucking alive when we had left her...and then what? She was fucking hit by a bastard that couldn't see what was on the bloody road!" The dark brunette wanted to scream. She felt it was unfair, unfair that out of all people, Iris was the unfortunate one who had to suffer.

Erina immediately took the dark brunette into her arms, hugging her before the girl could break down once more. Faint curses could be heard from Keon as she burrowed her face into Erina's shoulder. Yumi and Kathryn could only look away from the sight. They had to or they'll end up doing the same thing.

Death had taken their friend before they knew it. They didn't know that the time that they had was cut so short.

A day had passed after the burial ceremony. Though not everything had returned to how it was before. Aira failed to go back to school for months, locking herself inside her room.

Meanwhile, Iris's parents found it hard to adjust now that their daughter was no longer with them. Old habits and routines died hard.

Her mother kept making a fourth meal before breaking out into tears when she recalled Iris's death. Her father always entered her room to check on her, only to find it empty and absence of their daughter. Their daughter that was barely the age of seventeen yet death had already claimed her.