1. The Forest of Azure

"Just as the great phoenix, you can watch me burn into ashes of grey,
but remember through those ashes, I shall return as the golden flames, that blind you for life"-

"Taehyung, you are never so thoughtless. What possessed you today?" Hoseok's gloved hand gently patted the neck of the horse, calming the restless animal. Taehyung, rolling his eyes, splashed water on his face. "Do not test me, Taehyung Kim."

Hoseok's pale green eyes narrowed in annoyance. His beautiful ivory hair shone with sweat beads, like threads of pearl under the moon. "She made me curious," Taehyung shrugged matter-of-factly.

The girl looked so intriguing, with her disheveled hair and the familiarity in her eyes. Humans aren't attuned to nature. They take what they desire, unable to grasp nature's selflessness, which our kind understands so well.

Yet that little girl—she looked, behaved, and spoke as if she belonged there. "I am not afraid of you," she had said, her trembling voice echoing in his memory. Taehyung's lips curled in amusement; he could have easily ended her life, stealing the warm air from her lungs.

He jerked his head back, sending droplets of water and sweat flying. Grabbing the towel from the maid beside him, he aggressively ran it across his drenched head. The woman bowed respectfully before departing upon his dismissal.

"I do not blame him; it's not our fault we're not used to humans. You know whose fault that is, don't you, hyung?" Jimin sauntered by Hoseok, unwrapping his gloves. His sassy remark earned him a glare from Hoseok.

Jimin shook his head, scattering tiny sweat droplets, a few stray strands of his enchanting hair sticking to his forehead. His blue eyes, mirroring Taehyung's, proved their shared lineage.

"Tell that to Namjoon. He's waiting for you," Hoseok remarked. Taehyung glanced at him, noting the smirk playing on his lips. "What, too afraid to speak up now?" Hoseok settled down on the floor near the bales of hay.

"Y-Your Highness—" the older lady quickly rushed to his side. "It's fine, Betty," Hoseok waved her off. He had grown up in the dirt, and claiming a castle didn't mean he had to dine on silver and sleep on gold.

"I am a wolf," Taehyung stood tall, cracking his neck. "We don't fear the consequences—"

"Of our stupidity," came a voice. The maids bowed as Jin walked into the stable, the expensive silk adorning his body proudly displaying his wealth. "Leave us," he commanded, and the maids respectfully exited.

Jin frowned sternly at Taehyung. "How could you be so careless, Taehyung? You are no longer a cub. When will you realize that?" Hoseok sighed, washing his hands before grabbing a neatly placed towel.

"Cut him some slack, hyung. Namjoon has summoned him already," Jimin interjected. Jin remained stern, nodding with a hand placed behind his back. "As he should. Such mistakes must be attended to."

"Hyung, do you—" Jin glared at Jimin, who raised his hands defensively. "Hey, I wasn't dragged home for chasing a human," he said cockily. Taehyung snarled at his twin for the remark.

"Save that behavior for the alpha, kid," Hoseok patted Taehyung on the back as he walked past his brothers and out of the stables.

"Both of you, behave," Jin eyed the twins before turning around. "The King is not in a good mood today."

"And you thought it wise to approach her?" Yoongi's black eyes flashed with annoyance. "It was a mistake, brother. I—" Taehyung bowed his head low.