six || henny

Amber was skating around with Julie until she started to get sick from all the food Goldberg had given her. Then, the team started playing but Coach got mad at Charlie. Charlie yelled at the coach and got put in the box. He started talking to the team about playing defense and dismissed everyone. They all got changed and headed out.
Amber was running to catch up to Charlie, who was skating away from the school. Before she could get his attention, she noticed him sit next to a pale, brown haired girl. She recognized the girl from her spanish class. Linda Finley. Amber decided to just talk to Charlie the following day, during math. She walked away and headed towards where Cassandra said she'd be. She was met by Grace when she got there.
"Grace?" Amber asked sweetly but confused.
"Hey, could Cass drive me home?" Grace asked.
"Probably, I'll ask her once she gets here. Why are you after school today?" Amber asked.
"Since I can't be a part of the hockey team, I decided I wanted to try something else. I've always wanted to act!" Grace said enthusiastically. "So, today I joined the acting club! We're putting on a play at the end of the year."
"Oooh, what play?" Amber questioned.
"Beauty and the Beast! I hope I can get the lead role of Belle!" Grace said.
"That would be so cool." Amber responded. Then, a recognizable car pulled up, but not Cassandra's. The door opened with an eye roll from Grace.
"Hey, sis." Henry said pulling his sunglasses off. "Hey, Gracie." He smirked.
"Gross, Hen. You look like such a dork with those glasses." Amber fake smiled.
"Thanks, Am." He said sarcastically.
"No problem! Can we take Grace home?"
"Sure." Henry responded.
Amber and Grace sat, both in the back of the small red car.
"So why are you getting us?" Amber asked her brother.
"What you don't wanna see me?" Henry teased. After earning only an eye roll from his sister, he responded, "Cass wanted to get her nails done so she couldn't get you."
"Oh." Amber replied.
"Gracie, why'd you stay after?" Henry asked.
"She was staying after for acting!" Amber said excitedly, before Grace could even open her mouth.
"Oooh, you're great at that! Always acting like you hate me." He said winking.
"Gross." Amber muttered.
"I do hate you." Grace said.
"Mhm." Henry said in denial.
"You're annoying!" Grace continued. "Always calling me Gracie, which you KNOW I hate." Grace paused.
"Can you name anything else I do that's annoying?" Henry teased.
"Exist." The two girls said in sync, causing them both to laugh.
"Well can't you get another ride home then?" Henry asked just to annoy them.
"We tried." Amber said with an eye roll.
After a bit of silence, Henry spoke to his sister. "So, any updates on your teammates? Specifically your favorite player ever, Charlie Conway." Henry said in a teasing voice.
"I'm gonna hit you, Hen." Amber threatened.
"Henny, are we sure Am's the one obsessed with Charlie and not you? You seem to talk about him pretty often." Grace said, knowing her best friend probably doesn't wanna talk to her brother about her crush on Charlie.
"Nope, it's definitely Amber." Henry said.
"I don't know, dude. You seem pretty obsessed." Amber said, both of the girls laughing. The two girls talked about Grace's acting club and Amber's hockey practice the rest of the ride home, Henry occasionally commenting on the topics before Amber telling him to shut up. Grace grabbed her bag and stumbled out of the car.
"Bye, Grace! See you tomorrow." Amber shouted after her friend.
"Bye, Am! Love ya." Grace shouted back.
"Love ya more." Amber responded.
Before Grace was out of ear shot, Henry smirked. "Bye Gracie."
"Bye, Henny!" dramatically emphasizing his hated nickname.
Henry rolled his eyes, Grace laughing. Then, the Newtons were off to their house. Amber went up to her room and pulled out her journal. She hadn't written in it in a while. It's been a month since she had. Journaling was very important to Amber. When she was younger, her Aunt Rebecca was basically her best friend. When Amber was almost 13, Rebecca got in a car crash and passed away. Amber was extremely upset about it. She used to tell her Aunt everything so when she passed, Amber started writing in a journal as if she was talking to her aunt. It was her only way to cope, and she just never stopped doing it. So she began to write...
Dear Aunt Becca,
I haven't written in a while. I...
She stared at her journal wondering what to write. Well, more like how to phrase what she wanted to talk about.
I like my new school so far. I got on the hockey team. I was the only non-duck to make the team. I feel bad for Grace, Ross, and Bradley though. The team is great. There's this guy on the team: Charlie Conway. He's really nice and cute and Henry won't shut up about how he thinks I like him. How could I like him? I barely even know him. There's also two other girls on the team: Julie and Connie. They're nice, I sat with them in study hall. I feel like I'm gonna become friends with them, all of them!
Amber smiled, thinking of the team. A knock on her door startled her, "come in!" she called out.
"Hey, sis!" Henry said walking in her room. He frowned slightly when seeing her journal out. He knew she usually only wrote when she had a problem. "You alright?" He said gesturing to the journal.
"Yeah, just wanted to write about my new school and the team." Amber said with a beaming smile.
"About Charlie?" Henry questioned smirking.
Amber shut the journal and smacked her older brother on the head with it. "Why are you in here anyways, loser."
"Mom called. Her and dad are going out tonight so we're on our own for dinner. She said we could order food." Henry explained.
"What about Cass?"
"I think she's with that guy."
"Jeffrey?"
"Yeah, I guess."
Amber didn't think her brother could be that dumb. "How do you not know his name yet? They've been dating for like 2 years."
"Cause I don't really care." Henry said in a duh voice.
"Ok, well what should we order?" Amber asked.
"Pizza?"
"Sure!"
"After we order, wanna play hockey?" Henry asked.
Amber smiled, "Yeah sure!"
The siblings ordered their food and headed outside. They had to play in the driveway considering the lake wasn't even close to freezing. They only got to play for about an hour before the food got there. Then, the 2 siblings ate. For the rest of the night they watched movies and talked to each other. Amber liked spending time with her brother that night. She hadn't really done that in a while and she missed it.

---

A/N: Finley is the last name of the actress for Linda, the movies don't say her real last name.