Cooper x Pop Troll! Reader (2/2)

After the world tour, you, Cooper, and your daughter regularly visited Vibe City. At least you did for a week until Cooper's parents said that they wanted the three of you to move into Vibe City. Cooper was about to say yes, but then looked at you and saw that you looked uncertain. He had to tell them that he was gonna have to talk with you about it. Quincy and Essence were very understanding, you were thankful for that. But you were dreading the conversation. You and Cooper never had to talk about a decision as big as this one before.

You wanted to get to know your in-laws better and bond with them, and you wanted your daughter to be around them too. But leaving Pop Village altogether? That...that was a tough decision. You grew up here. Your mother died here. You felt like if you left the village, you were leaving her. And not to mention Legsly, Biggie, and Mr. Dinkles. They were your closest friends. They were your like your siblings. And not to mention your daughter! There were so many things here you wanted her to experience...Cooper hadn't even gotten to meet his family until now. What were you supposed to say?

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Cooper asked.

"Yes, Cooper?" You replied.

"...Are you upset? You only call me by my full name when youre upset." Cooper said nervously.

"I'm not upset just...nervous." you said.

"Nervous about what?" Cooper asked. You sighed.

"I can't leave Pop village." You stated.

"What? Why?"

"Why!? Wha- this my home. This is OUR home! We grew up next door to each other, I lived in this pod my entire life, we have friends here!" You said.

"Well we can still visit them." Cooper said.

"Yeah, but with you being prince, how often will that be?" You asked. "I wanted our little girl to be able to experience the best things Pop has to offer. She even made a few friends here. How are we supposed to adjust living in an entirely different kingdom that we have no idea how to navigate around and everyone is a stranger when in Pop village we literally know everyone and everything better than the back of our own hand?"

"Exactly! We know this place so well, there's nothing much left to enjoy from it. Moving to Vibe City might be hard since it is new, but its also exciting! I learned and saw so many new things from being there. And everyone is still nice and welcoming. Its not that hard to make friends over there. Even my brother, Darnell can help us get around the City if we need help. Its not like we're moving into Volcano Rock City." Cooper said.

"But I can't just leave everything behind!" You said. Cooper shook his head and walked to the doorway.

"WHAT IS THERE TO LEAVE BEHIND!?!" Cooper exclaimed, gesturing to the village. "We can visit Legsly and Biggie anytime or invite them over. There's nothing left for us here!"

"I was born and grew up in this. Exact. Pod. I'm not leaving it or my mother behind." You said.

"Your mom is dead." Cooper raised an eyebrow.

"This is her resting place! Her soul is still here." You said. Cooper shook his head again.

"(Y/N), I know you miss her, but staying hear isn't going to bring her back. She's gone. And I don't want to just move into Vibe City for me. We don't have any family left here. But we have a lot in Vibe City and they're patiently waiting for us. I want our daughter to be able to have that. And I'd still want her to come here when we visit to experience the great things we grew up with here. I want to give her the best of both worlds. I'm not just thinking about myself." Cooper said and went to the bedroom to turn in for the night. You sat down at the small dining room table. You and Cooper had never argued like that before. You knew he could be serious, there just never had been a situation in which he needed to be. You wondered....we're you the one being selfish?

Cooper walked into the dining room the next day to find you asleep at the table. He started feeling bad. He thought maybe it was his fault and he had been way to harsh the night before. He gently shook you awake.

"Cupcake, wake up." Cooper nudged you a little bit. You groaned as you sat up then yawned and stretched.

"I didn't even know I fell asleep." You yawned again. Cooper noticed the bags under your eyes.

"I'm sorry." Cooper apologized. "I shouldn't have been so mean last night. I was acting like a jerk wasn't I?"

"Well...just a little." You stood up and held his face in your hands. "But, I too was being a jerk when you were pointing out the obvious. We CAN still visit, our daughter CAN and WILL get the bost of both worlds, everyone in Vibe City IS kind and welcoming, and...waiting around here WON'T ever bring my mom back. Nothing can being her back." Tears started to form in your eyes. "I'm the one who's afraid of change. I need to learn to face it head on. We're moving to Vibe City." You said. Cooper kissed your tears away.

"Thank you, cupcake. I'm still sorry we fought last night. And I promise that we will visit often, at least once a week." Cooper said.

"That sounds good to me." You said and gave Cooper a loving kiss on the lips.

"EWW! Mama! Dada!" Your daughter cried out when she saw you two as she walked in.

"Don't you start, you're joining us." You said and picked her up. She squealed and kicked her feet as you two gave her a kiss on either cheek.

"EWW!" She exclaimed with a big smile on her face, making the two of you laugh.