Hair Tie 💙

Summary: it's Larry, do you really need one? (Just an excuse I can't think of one haha but I promise it's a happy one)

(Yeah yeah I'm using ($) but it's 2 am when I wrote this and I'm going deaf bc of how loud I'm blasting Walls for like the fourth time today. Dw, I usually do my research but this is a good enough excuse... Right?)

-----

Seven Years Ago

"Niall-"

"No, I don't have a hair tie."

Harry groaned, leaning back in the chair. It was hotter than hell outside and Niall had the great idea to drag them to a pool. He could feel his thighs sticking to the plastic chair that most likely hasn't ever been washed in the four years the pool had been opened. It was horrible and Harry promised himself he'd never let himself suffer through this again, especially without a hair tie.

"I can feel my hair plastering itself to my skin," the taller boy whined, cringing at the awful sweat smell that came from a group of guys that just walked by. "Can we leave? I don't feel like socializing."

Niall waved him off, nicely relaxed. "Go find something to do Haz!"

Harry let out a string of profanity under his breath as he realized Niall drove them there, so he also couldn't get back home without him. He wrinkled his nose, deciding to go to the Walgreens nearby. For two things: Hair ties and air conditioning.

Harry peeled himself away from the chair and weaved between the people also laying in the sweaty beach chairs. It wasn't that far of a walk, and the weak breeze was sort of appreciated.

He walked in, smiling at the cashier before heading towards the back of the store.

"Hair ties hair ties hair ties," he muttered under his breath, scanning the products.

"Ah hah," Harry cheered quietly, grabbing the pack and heading to the front of the store to pay. He joined the long line and waited patiently.

As he reached a cashier, he placed the hair ties down.

The lady scanned it and smiled at Harry. "That'll be $2.67."

Harry nodded and reached to pull out his wallet, but his heart dropped when he realized he left it in Niall's car since he didn't want it to get wet.

"Damnit, I left my wallet in the car," the green-eyed boy groaned.

"Watch your fucking language, Curly," a voice sounded next to him, a very nice and beautiful voice too. Harry looked over at him to see a fairly short boy, bright blue eyes and the most stunning smile. God, he's so gay.

Harry's Savior flashed Harry that adorable smile and placed his bottle of water down on the counter. "I'll pay for it."

The cashier gave the boys a tight-lipped smile, obviously over it. Harry couldn't blame her, she was the only open cashier in a very busy store. "Okay, that'll be $4.93.*

The blue-eyed boy handed her 5 dollars, telling her to keep the change, and grabbed the bag from her. "Thank you, have a good day!" Harry told her quickly before following the shorter boy out.

"Thank you for that, my wallet is in my friend's car. I can repay you-"

Blue eyes smiled at Harry, taking the packet out of the bag and handing it to Harry. "There's a better way you can repay me, Curly.

Harry rose a brow. "Go on."

"With your number?"

-----

Present Day

"Hazza, I'm home!" Louis called out mockingly, repeating what Niall said when he burst into their hour the day before (with the words, "Honey, I'm home!")

Harry tilted his head back on the couch, smiling upside down at his husband of four years. "Hey Lou, did you get-"

"Yes love," Louis chuckled, setting the bag on the counter and grabbing the packet of hair ties from it. He sat down next to Harry on the couch and turned sideways, patting the space between his legs, motioning for Harry to sit between them. Harry complied and let Louis gently pull his long hair back into the hair tie.

Louis was always gentle with him, even if he occasionally acted sassy and unashamedly sarcastic. He was always soft and careful with his soulmate.

"You have got to stop losing these," Louis mumbled, running his fingers through the-green eyed man's slightly tangled hair. "I feel like I'm getting more of these every other day."

Harry chuckled, leaning back into his husband's touch. "I was thinking about getting it cut soon, anyway."

"Don't you dare," Louis scolded after he finished the bun. "I'll have no choice but to glue it back to your head."

Harry hummed and shuffled around so he can look at Louis. "Do you really want me to keep it long?" 

"Yes," Louis said with no hesitation. "I'll happily buy you all the hair ties you want."

Harry laughed lightly and kissed Louis sweetly. "You know I'll do anything for you. I love you."

Louis flashed one of those beautiful sunshine smiles. "I love you more, Curly."