Chapter 42

The day after their break up, the company announced Hyerin's sudden hiatus in an unknown period of time

The day after their break up, the company announced Hyerin's sudden hiatus in an unknown period of time. She decided to go back to where she originally lived to ease her mind, away from the harsh city of Seoul, she left her phone in their dorms in Nishiya's suggestion just so she can avoid looking up on the issue online and can clear her mind in Busan.

Jaehyun tried to fight for their relationship, but Hyerin made up her mind already. Jaehyun was starting to get out of hand, not in his usual calm demeanor, that Hyerin had asked her members' boyfriends to take Jaehyun away.

Hyerin heaved out a deep sigh, leaning her head on the window bus while shutting her eyes tightly closed, remembering the events that had happened yesterday.

“I can’t do this anymore.” Hyerin breathlessly said, words almost coming out as a whisper that Jaehyun barely heard but he still did.

“What?” Jaehyun asked, confusion written all over his face. He clearly knew what she meant when she said those bur he still acted all dumb and clueless about it.

“Jaehyun... you know what i am talking about.” Hyerin weakly said, staring at Jaehyun’s figure that’s been walking around her room, nervous.

“No, i don’t know what you’re talking about and i don’t even wanna know.” Jaehyun sternly said, staring right at Hyerin’s eyes.

“I need to take a break from this relationship, Jaehyun. I know you’re the one who’s been holding all of my shits together for me and i have been so dependent of you that sometimes you’re the one who’s stressing the most with my problems.” Hyerin explained, she averted her gaze elsewhere to avoid Jaehyun’s piercing gaze. Knowing herself and how well she can be submissive just with Jaehyun’s gaze, she’ll give in and that’s not what she wanted.

“But, baby—” Hyerin cut Jaehyun’s words with a hand in the air, “Just listen to me first, please. I need you to understand why i need a break with our relationship—”

“No! I will not listen to it and i will never understand why the fuck you need a break with this! There is no logical reason for this, please, Hyerin. Don’t,” Jaehyun stopped mid-sentence, shutting his eyes close while inhaling trying to calm his raging nerves before continuing, “Just don’t.”

“Jaehyun, this is for the both of us just please—”

“BAE, STOP! JUST STOP TRYING TO PUSH IT! FUCK! YOU’RE HURTING ME!” Jaehyun yelled which made Hyerin flinch. Jaehyun was raging in anger, his usual calm demeanor now all gone.

Jaehyun’s anger vanished the moment he saw Hyerin’s scared face, her eyes wide open with fear looking straight at his raging figure.

“Baby, i’m sorry—” Jaehyun softly said, immediately walking towards her to reach for her but Hyerin just avoided his hands, pushing him away before rushing out of her room.