It made his head swirl, and he made sure it wasn't the whiskey. She sang with confidence that radiated from her petite figure, and when she stopped and met his eyes, he felt his heart skip a beat.

Her friend, Angela, he guessed, smiled at her as she sang the chorus of the pop song, and she smiled back. Her shorts were light blue, perfectly matching with the long white shirt she wore and her guitar.

Then, she stopped playing her guitar, and gripped the handle of the mic, her soft voice melted as she sang, and then the song ended.

The crowd clapped loudly, screaming words he couldn't make out. When the group stepped down from the stage, he knew he had to talk to the girl. To his surprise, she headed straight for the bar he was seated at.

Calypso's heart still felt like it was going to explode, and when she made eye contact with a very tall, very attractive man, she begged her voice to not give her shyness away.

She was a timid girl, shy and usually silent in conversations. But when she was on stage, she let herself go. She smiled at the barman and told him her order. It consisting of Advil and cold water, then a tall brandy on rocks. She threw the pill down her throat, chuckling water behind it. She smiled at the barman once he placed her other order in front of her. As she took a much-needed sip, she met the eyes of the stranger again.

He probably looked to be a tall six foot four. His hair was dark brown from what she could make out under the strobe lights. A neatly detailed beard hugged his strong jaw nicely. She only smiled at him, and when he merely raised a dark brow at her, she rolled her eyes and took another sip.

He smiled at her as the crowd made their way towards her, praising her and giving her compliments.

His friend, Adam, came up behind him. James turned to the blonde man, "Who are they?" He asked over the soft rock music that filled the bar. His friend smiled, "Calypso and The Dreamers, I think. They're good, aren't they?" James nodded, completely focused on the beautiful girl.

"She's young too, maybe twenty-two."

James nodded again, and his friend continued talking. He tuned him out, something about a girl Adam hooked up within the bathroom leaving him uninterested. He watched as the girl smiled kindly at everyone paying them compliments, telling them it wasn't just her, that her group were the best. She was humble, he thought.

Calypso smiled at the girl who came up to her and gave her a big hug, telling her that they were her favourite band. Calypso sighed tiredly and took another sip of her drink.

"Buy you another one?"

A deep, baritone voice suddenly filled her ears. She felt the hair stand up on her arms, and she chewed on her lip before she spoke.

"I'm alright, thank you. I'm not actually supposed to be drinking," The girl laughed softly, leaving James completely limp at the wonderful sound. He didn't know why she piqued his interest, being older than her by twelve years. His lips quirked up by a fraction, "That's too bad then,"

She nodded softly as a response, feeling her throat close up as she looked at the man.

"James," He said as he extended a large, tattooed hand out to her. She looked at it momentarily, noticing silver rings and beautifully detailed ink on his knuckles and hand.

"Calypso. Or just Cal, whatever,"

She put her small hand in his, watching the way it nearly swallowed it up. The man was large, and he definitely took up a lot of space. A dark jumper rested comfortably on his broad shoulders, a light blue shirt hung loosely from under the jumper.

He raised a brow, "Calypso? That's-" She smiled, "Different? Yeah, it is definitely." James locked his lips, watching her intently. She was the definition of angelic, and he nearly wanted to tell her that. He almost felt ridiculous; thinking about a young girl like that. But he couldn't help himself. Her shoulders were pushed back, letting him know she was confident and probably very sure of herself. Her green eyes beamed under the strobe lights as she looked at him.

The air suddenly felt very thick around her, and she was eternally grateful when Avery called her from upstage. The man smiled, or smirked, at her as she bid him goodbye, and she looked down at her black Converse, making sure she wouldn't trip and fall, embarrassing herself.

"Folks, this is the last one for tonight, okay? Some of us-" Avery looked at Calypso, a playful scowl taking over her face, "Have work tomorrow. So, here's Jealousy by the Dreamers. If you relate to this, I'm so sorry,"

The crows bubbled into laughter again, and Calypso gripped her guitar tightly. She suddenly felt more nervous than always, seeing as that a pair of steely, icy blue eyes bore into her skin like flames.

James watched as Calypso sang gracefully, it looked like she used little to no effort at all. Her smile was intoxicating, the way she scrunched her nose when she hit a high note, the way her small, dainty fingers bled over the strings most elegantly and professionally.

Adam tapped him on the shoulder, motioning to the door. James downed the last of his drink, and when he caught the eye of the beautiful angel, he gave her a nod and she gave him one back.

As his figure walked through the door, she breathed deeply. Her nervousness had vanished as soon as he did, and she could finally sing how she was supposed to.

She smiled at the crowd once the song ended, bid them a kind goodbye and thanked them for coming, and when she went backstage, she told Avery all about the man. Avery could only grin at her, loving the way her best friend ranted about the unknown man.

While Jack drove her back to her apartment, she couldn't stop thinking about him. She wished she could see him again when she saw a shooting star out of the car window. When she waved Jack goodbye and opened the door to her apartment building, she found herself smiling.

She tsked at herself and opened her apartment door.