Milk

As much as you were horrified for your safety, there wasn't much to do besides think and stare up at the ceiling. You wanted to sleep, but this wasn't like the times you were told to go to your room at 9 years old. You couldn't just nap off the day nonchalantly. You feared that you would never wake up, and that you'd never get to go home. Home sucked, but at least you could run from your problems there. Everything was so different here; you had nowhere to run to.

You shut your eyes, small tears prickling in the corner of each. Your stomach twisted, turned, and knotted. You were starving, dehydrated, and oh so exhausted. Wiping the tears away, you turned to your side and curled up in a ball, letting your drowsiness encapsulate you.

╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

The Golden Guard knocked five times on the metal door in a rhythmic manner. "How's my favorite prisoner in there? Is it okay to come in? I wouldn't want to barge in on a captive if they're changing!" At least he did the bare minimum!

No response.

"It isn't nice to ignore people, human." The Golden Guard held a plastic cup of the least toxic looking drink on the boiling isles. It was the milk that they served at Hexside, but he couldn't promise Y/N that it wouldn't try to drink them before they drank it. "Open up. I was ordered to offer you a refreshment. Apparently you anthropoids can die from lack of hydration, and we wouldn't want that!"

Silence.

"Human?" Yet again, the guards words were left without a reply. The blond heaved a long and annoyed sigh and pulled the cell keys from his pocket, pushing them into the door and shoving it open with a heeled boot. "I'll shove it down your throat if I have to. You are not allowed to di-" The boy's voice trailed off as he cocked his head to the side, maroon eyes glued on Y/N with a hint of softness in them. He quietly walked closer to the poor convict, noticing that their were streaks of dried tears on their face. They had been crying before falling asleep.

"Huh, you're oddly peaceful when you sleep." He muttered. "Kikimora snores like a demon giving birth. But don't tell her I said that, 'kay? She's already fed up with me playing Smoke on the Water on repeat in perhaps the highest amp possible." The Golden Guard giggled, placing the milk down next to the uneaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich. 

"Alright, well... I won't interrupt your nap, but I'll be back tomorrow to ask you some questions we've been dying to know the answer to. Hopefully you refrain from disappointing the Emperor, lest you don't want to be turned to ashes." The teenager turned on his heel, looking back for a mere moment to wave off a sleeping Y/N. "Bye." And he was gone.