Locked Away

White. White was all your half-lidded eyes could make out. There were unfamiliar voices as well, but they sounded distant and fuzzy. You could barely hear them past the loud ringing in your ears. Even if you could, it all sounded like gibberish, and the growing headache was enough to make you lose interest in trying to figure it out. Instead, you rested your body and waited for colors to make its way into your field of vision. You could stay like this forever, feeling as if you're infinitely floating, at peace, and blissfully amnesiatic.

But as you began to understand who you were, how old you were, and your entire life up until now, you started to mentally freak out. You still couldn't see, nor did you have any idea where you were or how you got there. And as the voices got louder and clearer, it became more apparent that they weren't exactly in the kindest of tones. 

You couldn't get past the white, but you could feel arms wrapped around you, holding you gently, as if you were once again a baby. Against your left ear, you could hear the heartbeats within somebody's chest. The only thing you could make out that was safe were these strong arms, and the thumping chest of another living being. They were helping you, weren't they? Why else would their hold on you be so soft?

You snuggled against the person, thankful that you could now move a little better.

"What should we do with them?"

"I know of various specimen who would be honored to obtain such a delectable gift. I do happen to have some subjects to repay."

"They can be useful, my Liege. Didn't you say that you wanted to gain more intel about the human world? It could be helpful to ask questions. I can try to gain their trust and push for answers."

"...As my most loyal and reliable guard, I will put my trust in you. Do not disappoint me."

"I can assure you, Emperor; you will be satisfied."

Just as you began to recall your memory about the argument, the door, and the boy whom had captured you, you felt the person holding you shift slightly. You opened your eyes again and your sight clouded with a painful assortment of the reds and maroons that this room was full of. You felt your mostly limp body be carried somewhere else, and just helplessly allowed it. 

"And, Golden Guard. If it proves itself to be useless, we will get rid of it."

"Understood."

The headache felt like it may as well have been bursting your head open. Everything went dark again.

╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

"Wake uuup~."

You groaned in pain and turned your head away from the voice.

"I brought you some food, human. You must be starved, huh? I have your bag too, but don't mind that one missing bar of the sticky oats mixed with sweet brown droplets. I was curious in your human food. It was gross."

Suddenly, you shot up, your heart pounding and your head throbbing. You clutched at your shirt with a shaky hand and tried to breathe through the dizziness. The ground was cold and grey, the walls cold and grey, and keeping you away from freedom were cold and grey bars. Around one of your ankles was a shackle. Your body, however, seemed good as new, The few injuries you had received were carefully tended to, and your skin seemed glowing and sparkling. Had you been bathed?

"Calm down, round ears. You'll faint again." There was that voice again. That snarky tone that made you question how much of what came from its shell was truly genuine. 

You turned your head towards the figure, finally taking in the appearance of the guy who started this all. He was dressed in concealing clothing and armor, with a golden bird-like mask and a long white cape strewn across his shoulders. In one of his gloved hands was the bag you had brought, and in the other was a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Wh-who are you? Why did you lock me up? I didn't break the law! L-let me go!" Your strained voice could hardly yell due to the utter fear and confusion. But still, you stood your ground.

The boy in gold giggled, reaching his arm through a couple of bars and dropping your stuff down in front of you. "Eat up, pumpkin. You can't go home if you're dead. See, I have goal in mind, and I need you for it. I don't enjoy seeing you in this cage either, so why don't we work together to get you home safe and sound?" The Golden Guard sat on his knees in front of the bars, and you could practically feel the cunning smile through his mask.

"Shut up!" You yelled, scrambling to your backpack and grabbing your phone. "I'm calling the police, a-and they'll come and get me! Why should I trust you with getting me home if you locked me here?!" As you spoke, your trembling hands typed in your phone password.

"Human, that won't work. There is no connection between the human world and the magic world when the portal has closed. At least you have Tetris, though!" He giggled again and got back on his feet, shrugging carelessly. "If you won't eat now, then suit yourself. I'll be back later to check up on all that fun you'll be having! Haha, byeeee~." With that, the guard closed the metal door containing you within the confines of this room, leaving you with nothing else but your thoughts and Tetris.

5,160 characters, I really wrote my heart out here. Hope you all enjoyed!