Chapter 8

The chase went on for what felt like hours, but was only minutes. No civilian, no matter how many helicopters or cars they have, can catch up with a miraculous wielding superhero. It's impossible. The miraculous enhances all physical abilities, and I'm already fast as Izzie Agreste. That's why I decide to train without the mask. Although, it's hard to train in the bathroom. There isn't anywhere else to go! When he wasn't using it to terrorise teenagers, I would sneak into my father's eerie lair and practice some of the harder moves that I couldn't do very well. A few months ago when I got my miraculous, I couldn't even do a backflip! When you learn cool moves like that, they're a piece of cake when transformed.

Now it wasn't the police chasing me, Ladybug and Cat Noir were; they had the ARMY not close behind them! I remember when they were fighting Miracle Queen it was them against the world, that is incorrect. Most people are on their side! (With the exception of Hawk Moth, Mayura, Papillon and their victims) Now it was literally me against the world! I had nobody on my side! I had nobody to fall back on! I had nobody to help me! I was alone.

If he were here, I would have de-transformed to see Master Fu, but he lost his memory when he relinquished his role as the guardian of the miraculous and gave it to Ladybug. I'm not sure if the other heroes even are on my side. Because I was younger, the miraculous takes my energy as well as Longg's. When it takes energy from me, it takes less from him. Yes I may need to stop and take a break sometimes, but if it means I'll stay transformed longer it's something I'm willing to deal with. I needed somewhere to hide while I regained some energy, but nowhere was safe enough. There was at least one person in every nook and cranny in this city. If only there was someone to help me, to support me in getting everyone off my tail. If only Flare still had friends. I wish I could just disappear again. Then I had a lightbulb moment.