chapter zero • prologue

Sat at the head of the table, she eyed the other nineteen members of the Crystalium. The room was blanketed in silence, with only the sound of breathing to be heard, and scribbling pens as she spoke.

"We will now discuss," she finished, her voice echoing around the spacious room.

The room erupted with noise as the ministers voiced their ideas, solutions, explanations, and reasoning.

"We cannot stay hidden for all eternity!"

"We have survived in the shadows, and we can still continue to do so!"

"No, no, we need to stay hidden, the world isn't ready for us."

"Evolution will eventually occur, even we cannot prevent that."

"Evolution cannot be forced!"

She sighed, and mentally slapped herself for assuming they would politely discuss this situation with one another.

"Silence!" Her voice rang clearly, and immediately, all noise ceased to exist, however she could the ministers eyeing each other distastefully.

"I believe our next course of action will not be through forcing others to evolve and adapt with us. Of course, in saying that, we will not be in the shadows for any longer, and I believe, after a few decades, we will be able to coexist with others." She explained, her voice daring someone to challenge her authority.

"In due respect, Crystaxia, from the genetic reports you have mentioned prior, I believe we can potentially set up an area and develop a form of educational system." Her second-in-command suggested.

"That's possible, but we cannot force people to attend. Although they have the gene, we cannot strip them from their families." She responded.

"From our studies, Crystaxia, the gene is dormant unless it is activated, which can only be done through one of us, so they would be completely normal unless the gene is activated." Another minister added.

"So hypothetically, if we set up an academy for the people who have this gene, gene-cVNA6, as we agreed, they would be able to choose whether they wish to join and have cVNA6 activated, am I correct to assume this?" She questioned.

"In addition to that, the activation of cVNA6 has a risk of failing to be activated, causing the subject's genetic code to mutate and self-destruct, however we have seen a much higher survival rate through the activation process for people under the age of twenty and above the age of ten." The same minister added.

"I see, this is a far better idea than I had anticipated. I assume we have records of all people with cVNA6, am I correct?" She narrowed her eyes. She did recall mentioning at a prior meeting to have all records of this gene to be recorded and stored for future purposes.

"Yes, yes, Crystaxia, should I ask someone to retrieve the files?" Her third-in-command responded quickly.

"No need. This project will commence now."

➽───────────────❥

❥ Any thoughts?

Ashlyxn vv