α • preface

Hi guys, so welcome to 'The Crysteriax'! If you ask me personally, I feel like this book is more about growth and development of a character, trying to understand themselves. This is not a book with steamy parts at all, so if you're looking for that, I suggest you read something else haha. If you like somewhat complex plots and twists, with a bit of cute and first love, go ahead. Before I forget, this story is rated mature simply because it contains graphic and relatively detailed violence and abuse and I didn't want to risk it. Alright, I'll stop talking and let you read the rest vv

➽───────────────❥

This book is a work of fiction by @ashlyxn, if by coincidence one of the characters in the book have a similar description or represent you in any way, it is purely coincidental. All characters and ideas in this book are from the author's imagination.

All rights reserved. No section of this book can be reproduced or copied with permission from @ashlyxn. If I catch anyone else with an extremely similar idea and plot, I will hunt you down so just save both your time and mine and don't copy my work.

➽───────────────❥

Beneath the surface of a world hides an entirely newly evolved form of humanity. Lurking in the shadows, they watch and track as the newly coded strand of DNA spreads across humanity, dormant until it has been activated . . . and until then, this gene will be hidden from humanity until the end of time.

Their existence within the ranks of humanity will eventually be revealed, and soon, war will wage with forces that that are hidden below the surface. If not subdued, they will rise, rise towards the surface and all that's left in its wake will be destruction.

➽ ❥ ➽

Papers fluttered in the breeze as they rained down on us, my papers mixing with his as I stared up at him with wide eyes. His face was inches away from mine, his hands resting on either side of me.

He pushed himself up abruptly, his ears slightly pink while I sat up, gathering up my sheets while biting my lip, attempting to erase the situation from my memory.

Once I finished gathering the papers around me, I looked up, only to realised he was learning forward, his arm outstretched, his hand in front of me.

I looked up at him, then back down to my hands which were gripping onto my registration files. After a moment of hesitation, I held onto the files with my left, and put my right in his hand, which was warm to the touch, and a smile had spread across his face.

➽───────────────❥

for the light to shine, there must be darkness, while I'm shrouded in darkness, you will be burning with light and together we will dispel the dark ❞

➽───────────────❥

Ashlyxn vv