Sunoo nodded hesitantly, knowing that this happened in the past already. Many times. "But Listen-"

"Eunji lied again."

"Jungwon..-"

"She did it again. And she will do it again and again." Jungwon's breathing was unsteadily, as he turned to the other again, "There's only one way..I need to make her remember her memories again. I have to. Maybe if Eunji remembered what happened in the past, she won't do this ever again. I-I need to retrieve her memories somehow. I need to-"

"Jungwon calm down, will you? You need to calm down. Breathe."

Jungwon didn't listen and stood up, when his vision got blurry for a second from standing up too rapidly. Sunoo held him back, concern written all over his face.
"You need to rest. If you continue, you will end up just like Eunji in one of those hospital beds. Separated from her." Sunoo stood up as well, "Do you want that?"

"No." Jungwon's voice sounded almost pleading, "I don't."

The older nodded, "That's why you need to go to sleep, I will continue waiting for any updates or results, so rest."

Jungwon desperately shook his head, "I want to be the first one to greet her. I can't go to sleep. I don't know when she will wake up."

Sunoo was about to reply, when he noticed the other swaying slightly. The younger was tired to death and it was obvious that he would fall asleep soon.
After a few painful attempts of Jungwon trying to keep his eyes open with all means, he eventually failed, closing his eyes completely.

Sunoo smiled weakly and right when he was about to fall asleep himself, he hoped to himself dearly that his friend would heal soon now that Eunji by his side. Jungwon had been suffering for so long. He was wishing Jungwon to get over all the terrible things on the past, so the younger wouldn't feel any pain remembering what happened and feel guilty.

"As a friend I want the best for you. I really want you to be happy." He whispered and smiled for the last time, before darkness would engulf the two boys.

But will they actually succeed?
Will both Eunji and Jungwon succeed and heal in their own way with each others help?

Or does life have other plans for the two of them?

______________________________

Jungwon blinked rapidly, blinded by the sunlight hitting him right in the face.

What time is it?
His eyes widened, while he looked for his phone hurriedly, cursing to himself.
It was way past noon and judging from his friend, Sunoo sleeping next to him, the older forget to wake him up in case the doctor had any information about Eunji's current condition.

Jungwon cursed and basically run into the new hospital room Eunji was situated in, as his other friends were still occupying her old hospital room.

"Eunji?" Jungwon breathlessly eyed the sitting girl, who was still looking outside the window, unwilling to look at the boy.
It was as if she was already expecting him and still refused to turn to him.

"Don't come near me." She suddenly spoke with her voice trembling, while Jungwon's eyes softened.

"I said don't come near me." Eunji's voice was still weak, though it was a little stronger this time and her hair was dangling in front of her face, making it difficult for Jungwon to look at her. Continuing to take steps towards her, he stayed quiet.

"Please, don't-" She was about to repeat herself, when he immediately pulled her into his arms. His hand instantly stroking her hair and smiling, when Jungwon felt Eunji returning the hug.

"Don't say anything. It's okay." Jungwon whispered,
"You are okay."
It wasn't a statement, more like a reassurance for himself.
Despite the fact that she was the palest he had ever seen her and was obviously still weak, Jungwon was glad that Eunji was safe, now that he saw her in person and was able to embrace her.

"I-I'm sorry-" She started and though she felt like crying, her body needed to rest after the emergency surgery which was performed on her.

"Don't apologise, It's okay." Jungwon smiled and closed his eyes in relief, hugging her a bit tighter but at the same time making sure he wouldn't hurt her.

The hug lasted long.
Though Jungwon would have loved it, if it had lasted even longer, but he knew Eunji needed to rest.

After pulling away, he gently took her hand in his, before intertwining their hands with each other.
"What happened?" He quietly asked, his voice ever so gently, "What went wrong?"

She stayed quiet for a bit, fear written all over her face. The boy's eyes widened, when she spoke.

"There's not much time left..."

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚