Chapter 10

I woke up in Reid's arms with Will and Melody's laughter drifting in from outside. Reid's arms tightened around me and a smile danced along my lips. I could see myself getting used to this. "Morning beautiful." He whispered in my ear.

"Morning." I turned around in bed to look at his sleepy eyes. I reached up to push his unruly hair out of his eyes. I let my fingers trail over his perfect features before dropping to the pillow. He leaned in, pressing the softest of kisses to my lips. Morning breath be damned.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Me too, but we've got kids who are probably wanting breakfast." I sighed as I pushed myself up so I was sitting. I stretched as I got out of bed. I turned to find him staring. "What? Please don't say my hair is looking psycho or something."

"Nope, just admiring the view." He winked and I could feel myself start to flush, "I'll grab you something to wear." When he turned around, I couldn't help but watch his perfect bare ass as he walked to the dresser. I bet I could bounce a quarter off that thing.

"I can just put on my own clothes."

"Just put them on." He handed me one of his t-shirts and a pair of his workout shorts. I put them on feeling a bit like a little kid playing dress-up at how oversized they were. I had to make sure the drawstring was tied tight so they didn't accidentally fall down. It was comfortable but not the most attractive look. Reid got into shorts and a t-shirt and still looked hot as can be.

"So, what do you think about telling the kids about us today?" I asked. Reid froze, turning back to me with a look of shock on his face. Fuck. Did I totally miss read last night? Fuck fuck fuck! How do I backtrack out of this? "We don't have to. We can always lie and say I had too much to drink and needed to sleepover. Or we just fell asleep. They don't need to know about us. We can wait. Sorry I brought it up-"

His lips crashed into mine. Probably an attempt to stop my nervous babbling, but I was not going to complain. "You know you talk too much sometimes, right?" He chuckled as he pulled away.

"Sorry. I just get nervous and all my thoughts come spilling out at once. It's a curse. In tenth grade, I accidentally told my parents I lost my virginity because they asked how my weekend was. Most embarrassing moment in my life."

"You're still doing it." He laughed.

"I can't seem to stop. Kissing helped though. My brain kind of stops working whenever you kiss-"

He laughed as he kissed me again. I found myself laughing against his lips. I need to start babbling more often if it gets me kisses like this. "I need to make breakfast so we can tell the kids about us."

"Wait- Seriously? You want to?" I asked.

"I wanted to tell them after our first kiss." He smiled as he tucked my hair behind my ear, "But maybe it's better if I do the talking. We don't want to accidentally scar them with the sex talk at five."

"Smart." I agreed. Yeah, I should not allow myself to talk to them about us.

"Perfect. Does Melody like eggs and bacon?" Reid asked.

"Only if the eggs are scrambled with lots of ketchup. She puts ketchup on everything."

"Noted." He kissed me one more time before we finished getting ready. We walked out to the living room where Will and Melody were watching cartoons.

"Why are you wearing boy clothes?" Melody asked. Her tiny nose scrunching up.

"Reid let me borrow them since I didn't have any pjs to sleep in," I explained. I had to pat myself on the back for not letting the nervous babbling take over. Score one for self-control.