Chapter 22 [Time To Say Goodbye]

Start from the beginning

"Sadly, that wouldn't happen. Not yet..."

Their peace didn't last long however, the almost mundane appearance of a sunspot certainly attested to that. From the blackness emerged what could only be described as an average Lunarian invasion force. It didn't seem special in any sense of the word. 

As the Lunarians quickly readied their bows, Red Matter quickly pooled off of Y/N's body and created a nigh-impenetrable shield in front of himself and Padparadscha, "I'll take care of this."

"Let me in on some of the fun too!" but the girl had other ideas and she, quite literally, left Y/N in the dust by rushing into battle, blade drawn and a smile plastered on her face, "Come on!"

With an exasperated groan, Y/N too charged at the large Lunarian construct floating high in the sky. His speed was nowhere near Padparadscha's, neither was his physical strength, but that measurement was done when not counting the excessive amounts of Red Matter liquid his body was capable of producing. So he used his unique body structure to his utmost advantage, producing more Red Matter in a single moment than before. Six massive arms in total came to be on his command.

 Six massive arms in total came to be on his command

"The Lunarians appeared out of nowhere. But, it surprisingly wasn't them that caused my heart to break yet again."

Y/N and Padparadscha could be seen chatting again as Red Matter slowly seeped back into Y/N's body, the quickly fading bodies of the Lunarians slowly fell from the sky behind them. The two were unbothered by the quickly disappearing Lunarians and simply struck up a conversation. The threat had been eliminated, there was nothing left for them to fear now. 

"Don't run off like that, please," Padparadscha heartily laughed in response to Y/N's worried tone, if she were to suddenly stop functioning properly while fighting then... Y/N dreaded the outcome.

"Oh, will you give it a rest already? I'm just having some fun! You were having fun too, I can see you smiling you know~?" Y/N's only response was a sigh of defeat, sometimes, there was simply no winning with Padparadscha. 

Just as the two were nearing the school for Padparadscha's scheduled check-up with Rutile, a yawn escaped the red-haired girl, "Are you okay?"

"Just tired a bit, who knows whose fault that is," she gave Y/N a pointed look, the male had the decency to blush and avert his gaze, "You really go all out don't you."

"Oh, hush, don't act like you didn't enjoy it," Padparadscha just smirked at Y/N who tried to think of a better comeback but ultimately failed to do so, "Sigh, any-"

-THUMP-

"Me... no, not just me. I and Rutile were both counting on crystalised Red Matter to keep Padparadscha awake. Corundum, let alone pieces of padparadscha are scarce and hard to find. So we hoped Red Matter would prove to be a sufficient substitute... We were wrong."