Prince of Numbness

Chapter 27:
Prince of Numbness

"Is there anything else that you would like, Your Highness?" He smiled oddly.  Smiling... I do not know of smiling.  I do not understand it.

"No.." I responded.

"Is there anything you need?  You do have great strength that could be used to help other mermaids and merphans."

"I... I do not know."

"What about joining the council and then you could watch your sister and help everyone with your strength." The council?  They are the best and I am glad they have watched over us.  I should really consider it.

"I will join the council.  I always protect my sister.  She is important.  She is so important that I gave her the crown."

"That is wonderful.  Is that all, young prince?"

"I will join a certain section of the council...."

~~~

92 meris later

Everything is so confusing.  I barely have any emotion or feeling left.  The council tricked me.  Things I done and did in the past, I think to myself why did I do that.  The princess from Rivalkai.

Who was she?

Why were we together a lot?

Why were we friends?

Why did having emotions and feelings cause me to be attracted to her?

My sister.

She was important to that version of me.

I did everything for her.

She was my happiness...or whatever happiness was?

But the truth is my parents.

They cared for her more.

And I cannot do anything, but be envy of her.

She has the crown...she stole it with her emotions and feelings

She is a siren.

She everything the council wanted that version of me to be.

And I know the council is dangerous and will threaten her and anyone they deem to be close to me.

I must go and make sure she the only one they can threaten.

Everyone else must go.

But there is something that I always wanted.  Revenge.

And I remember some humanics talking about a ship coming.  I was captured, but I heard it.

And my revenge will come.  And my sister, her voice being a siren will be useful to me.

...

"Mina, sister. Want to do something fun?" Her eyes gleamed and she looked at me.

"Fun?  Like dolphins playing or seahorses galloping?" Mina nodded eagerly.

"Not quite like that, but it is still fun.  Come on," I waved my arm. "We are going outside the walls, so stay with me."

"Outside!" My sister gleamed, "Really?  This is so exciting!"

"Humanics are evil doing cruel things to the world.  They done the worse and it time to get a mermaid's revenge. " I turned to her, "Mina, do you want to sing with me?  I know you always like singing especially with me."