Rise of Villany

"Miss Bourgeois." Shadowmoth's deep insidious drawl split the evening air.

"Hawkmoth!" Chloe spun to face her somewhat unexpected guest. She recovered from her shock quickly and picked up a towel, dabbing sweat from her brow and stepping off her yoga mat. "Took you long enough."

Shadowmoth stepped to the signal light mounted on the hotel balcony. Once a bee signal had shone from it, now a butterfly had replaced it. "Not exactly subtle of you.". He reached down and flipped the signal off.

Chloe smirked and threw her towel at him. She drew herself up, arms crossed,"Exactly what part of me has ever been subtle?" It was a harder look to pull off in sport spandex than boutique finery but she managed it.

Shadowmoth frowned,"Your emotions were a blank to me for quite some time. How was this done? What has changed?"

Chloe waved his question away,"How should I know? You're the one with the miraculous." She crossed to a small side table with ice water and a roll of coins on it. She picked up both,"But you're here now and that is what matters."

Shadowmoth did not move, instead he watched her with a mixture of suspicion and greed,"The question is, why am I here? I have indulged you, now explain yourself."

Chloe sat in one of the sun chairs and sipped her drink, "The same reason you are always here, Hawkmoth. You want the miraculouses, I am your best bet at getting them. Don't waste my time, I want a sentimonster."

Shadowmoth's expression darkened,"It is shadowmoth now, and why should I provide you with my power? You have yet to succeed on any of the previous occasions."

"Whatever." Chloe snapped," We failed because you only ever showed up when I was already mad. Not only that, until recently I didn't care one bit about your stupid little war. But that was then and this is now. You give me what I want, and you get what you want. What have you got to lose?"

Shadowmoth stabbed the ground with his cane dramatically, resting both hands atop it,"You take much for granted Miss Bougeois."

Chloe smirked again,"Yeah, I do. But you'll do it in the end, so can we stop being so dramatic?" She held up the roll of coins,"Sentimonster, or stop molting on my balcony birdie.". Chloe brought the roll down, cracking the paper cover on the table. The coins spilled across the surface and she picked one out, tossing it to Shadowmoth.

The villain caught the coin, holding it in his palm,"This? Why this?" Confusion overcame his usual disdain.

"One Franc. It used to be worthless, now it is useless. I thought it appropriate."

Shadowmoth smiled a wicked wide smile,"Very well, you have me curious.". He concentrated, plucking a feather from his fan and at the same time forming his link with Chloe. "Now, show me your desires and I shall forge you the most powerful of sentimonsters."

Chloe brought her hands together,"It is not about power." She concentrated, sending her deepest wishes back along the connection,"It simply has to be; perfect."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a Paris street the miraculous ladybugs sped off into the night. Ladybug and Cat Noir shared a satisfied 'Pound it' and Ladybug crouched down in front of a confused looking delivery driver,"Take it easy, you were Akumatized, but it's over now." She opened her yo-yo and reached inside,"I want you to take this-"

Twin buzzes split the air, separating and zooming past the trio, striking storefronts and exploding into fireballs of broken glass and flickering flame.