«26 - No Longer Human»

Começar do início

Guren, on the other hand, ducks to dodge Saltymizuki and throws me at the arrows, forcing Yoichi to dispel them.

"I could've killed Shinoa with my first strike. Mitsuba was already incapacitated. In other words, they were easy kills. Plus, you lost your commander. That means your squad is done." Guren accesses us.

"Ow... Why do you throw me every time?" I growl, helping Blondie get on her feet.

"Because it's fun. Now, you have four black demon wielders on your team. What the hell was that? You showed very little teamwork. The vampire Nobles we'll be facing are stronger than the three of us. How do you expect to fight them? Or do you plan on standing there, cracking snarky jokes while you die?" Guren responds, particularly looking at me when saying that last line.

Everyone looks defeated and depressed, reflecting on their mistakes and failures.

I look to Yu to see him handling it...?

"Yu, are you attempting to think?" I ask, looking at his expression as he makes strange 'Hrmmmm?' noises.

"Wha? Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" Yu questions.

I watch as Shinya climbs out of a bush and looks at me, particularly annoyed, while trying to get leaves off his uniform.

I look back and mouth 'I enjoyed throwing you into a bush.'

Colonel Jujo grabs him by the collar to stop an attempted second degree murder.

"Now, then. These are our new rookies, everyone! All of them are 16! Four of them possess black demon weapons. But as you saw, they're all just kids! Watch over them, okay?" Guren announces, patting my head, purposefully messing up my hair.

The gossip begins.
"Whoa, four of them are have black demons?"
"Yeah, But if they can't work in tandem, they're useless to us."
"I heard one of them is going to be leading the charge into town hall."

"Man, Lt. Colonel sure is good." Someone from Mr. Trident's squad comments.

"Sixteen...? They said they were 22!" Mr. Trident yells at us. I slowly back away.

"Told you it was a dumb lie."
"Ahaha..."

"Hey, Guren! Question!" Yu puts his hand up, as if in school.
"Huh? What is it?" Guren asks, turning away from the soldiers.

"How'd you do that? It was six on three. But we still lost." Yu asks.

"Easy. You're all dumb kids." Guren jokes.
"That's not what I mean!" Yu agues back.

"My, my! You're being a good sport about this." Shinya teases.

"Yuu, it's simple. Shinya's first shot came at us from behind, which he could only use once, but it confused us enough, splitting up our formation and creating vulnerability." I analyse.

"Wait, how did you know I could only use it once?" Shinya asks.

"Easy. You had several opportunities to use it again, but you didn't. That lead to you ending up in a bush." I smile.

"Hey! You really are taking after Guren, aren't you!" Shinya whines, like a child.

"Ahah, however..." Shinoa clenches her fists, "Their aim was to have Lt. Colonel Guren break through our line. Both Colonel Jujo And Major General Hiragi were put in support roles... and all of their offence power was focused on removing our front-line defenders, Yu and (N/n). Once they were taken from the equation, then-"