I sat in the back with Pear next to me, laying her head on my shoulder, and right now, I didn't feel like we were doing something wrong; I didn't feel like I was going to be beat. As we drove down the streets, I noticed Rose kept a special eye on us. Hmm, I wonder why she looks at us like that... It wasn't a weird, grossed out look, it...was understanding, loving. I held Pearl closer, I love her so much. And maybe, this won't be as bad as I thought. 

A few hours later...

I smiled and walked to Amy's school, the bell there was going to be ringing in a few minutes. I had such a fun time with Pearl and her sister, we had talked about how Pearl and I were doing with our relationship, and how we had met. Rose made me realize, there are good people in this world, that there is a reason to live, but I needed to find it. I told her I now had two reasons; Amy and Pearl.

I sat on the bike railing and waited for a few minutes. A loud bell rang, and next moment, there's hundreds of people rushing out of the school. I stood to look over their heads and watch to find Amy. I saw her squeezing past all the tall kids, I chuckled and grabbed her hand, leading her through the crowd. When she realized it was me who grabbed her hand, she squeezed it gently and looked up at me with a concerned look, I smiled down at her and said, "C'mon, let's go home."

"You...picked me up?" 

"Yeah, and?"

"You don't ever do that unless something's wrong and we're avoiding home." I sighed, "I kinda skipped a big chunk of school. But I felt like picking you up today." I held her hand as we walked down the pavement. "Amy, how's...your cut?" She looked down, "It hurts..." 

"Oh...well, did you patch it up this morning?" She nodded, I smiled, "Good. You today is really pretty, we should go for a swim." I smiled, this time showing teeth, she gave me a confused grin and chuckled, "What's got you in a good mood, sis?"

I picked her up swirling around, "Everything!" We both laughed as I swung her around and around. I forgot how good being happy feels! Once we arrived to the lake, I ran in and grabbed two sports bras, and two pairs of shorts. I rushed back to and saw Amy sitting by the crystal blue water, I tossed her her stuff, and began to undress myself. Once we were in our swimming gear, we got on top of a small hill and jumped into the nice, cool water.

Pearl's POV...

Rose and I were out at the milkshake place here in town, but I couldn't get my mind off Garnet. "You still thinking about her? She really is something special, huh?" I looked at Rose a little shocked that she kinda just read my mind, I blushed lightly and answered, "Y-yeah... She just makes me feel so, I don't know, different...I love it, the way she holds me and kisses me. I don't understand how she can make time in her life for me, especially since she-" I stopped myself mid-sentence, I can't tell Rose. Rose looked at me weird and said, "Pearl, what were you about to say?"

"I...can't tell you. I made a promise." Rose smiled, "Okay. Oh, and by the way, I really like Garnet. She's better than any of your ex-boyfriends." I smiled, "Yeah, she is pretty great. And a wonderful sister to Amethyst. Amy pretty cool, but she seems to have trouble...like when she came over, she didn't wanna be there because she felt as though she didn't belong, because...I'm rich..."

"Pearl, um, this is gonna be a weird question, but," she leaned in, "Are Garnet and Amethyst is it? Are they...abused?" My eyes widened, I asked trying not to give it away, "What? Why do ask that?"

"Well, from what you've told and how Garnet acts, they seem to be abused." I gulped, She knows, I just know it. She gasped, "That is what you can't tell isn't it?" I panicked, "Rose you can't tell anyone! Please! I made a promise to Garnet, please, Rose!"

She sighed, "Okay...I won't." She looked sad, she took a deep breath and said sadly, "Please take very good care of Garnet. Trust me on this okay?"

"Okay."

Garnet's POV...

It was already six. I had lost track of time, but we were so much fun! But...I made a huge mistake. We walked into the house, still a little damp, and that's when our mother appeared, "Garnet, take Amethyst to your room now and do not come out! Your father is wanting to something horrible, he's coming back from the bar and I want you girls locked up, you understand? Lock your door as well, and no matter what you hear, don't come out!"

I picked up Amethyst and ran for the room. Once we were inside, I told Amy to stay in the closet as I locked the bedroom door. She sat in the closet as I stood near the door with a baseball bat. When dad is drunk, Amethyst and I are to stay in my room, because...things get worse when he's drunk.

We sat in silence for while until I heard him, "Where the fuck are they!?" His loud voice was heard throughout our house, I tightened my grip around the baseball bat. "No! Stop! She's just a child!" I was confused, What the hell is he planning on doing?! I heard a shriek come from outside my door, then silence. My stomach dropped, I opened the closet door and said to Amy in a hushed voice, "Amethyst you stay here! Take this just in case." I handed her my pocket knife and closed the door tightly.

I gathered my courage and opened the door to see my mother on the floor unconscious but breathing, Oh thank God she's alive! I stood up, about to pick her up and carry her to my when I felt him pick me up by my shirt. I squirmed trying to get out of his grip, when he said harshly, "I've been too fucking good to you lil pieces of shit! Where's my payment, huh? I picked you 'cause you ain't mine, honey!" Before I could ask what the hell he was talking about, he slammed me up against the wall and ripped my t-shirt revealing my bare breast (I had taken off my sports and put on shirt right afterward).

He grabbed the right one hard and began reaching down for my shorts, my pupils shrunk with fear as he removed them along with his pants, I tried to fight against him, but it was no use, "Dad! Please, stop! Don't do this I'm your daughter!" I screamed in pain. Still fighting.

That's when I heard a loud thump, and I watched as he hit the floor. I looked at Amy, she had tears in her eyes, I ran to her, tears streaming down my face as I held her close telling her that I was okay. That's when mom got up, she wrapped around both of us tightly and started saying over and over, "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry!"

About an hour later, mom, Amethyst, and I were sitting on my bed, I looked at my mother and said deadpanned, "Look what you've caused. And you wonder why Amethyst and I are lesbians."

She looked at me shocked, I gave her a small glare and growled, "Why are you still married to this bastard!? All he's ever done is hurt us! Now imagine if what he did to me, what if it's Amethyst next time!?"

"He won't do that..." Anger took over me, "What in the bloody hell are you talking about?! If he did it to me then-"

"You're not his child. Amethyst is." I looked at her dumbfounded, "What?"

"Garnet, you're biological father died a long time ago. You were about three or four actually. But, when I got with your father now, I knew I should've given you to your aunt. You would've been so much happier, I just didn't have the heart." I had tears running off my chin, I spat out, "What about Amy then!? You would've just let her live in this hell hole!?"

"No...I would've gotten an abortion. Garnet, you're the reason Amethyst is here. When I was pregnant with her, you were so happy. I couldn't bare to break your heart like that." I was taken back, "Why are you telling me this now?" 

"Because, it's time you two knew the real danger. Garnet I can't apologize enough for what happened, but know, I really do you love you both." And out my door she went.

That night, I held Amy letting her cry. I was still trying to process the information. Why...why...everything I knew was a lie, and now I have to live the rest of my life knowing my first time was with my father, the only reason my sister is alive is because my mother didn't want to hurt me, and there was a chance that none of this would've happened.