Red Letter Thrills Part 2 (Willne)

Start from the beginning

They sat opposite each other, Anika's head leaning against the wall, Will tapping on his phone which had no service.

"Do you reckon they know we're in here?"

Anika spoke, looking at Will shrug and slide his phone in his front pocket.

"They'll find us eventually, our bags and shit are in Misses classroom. They'll notice we're gone at some point"

She nodded, re-tying her shoes, not knowing what else to do with her hands. Will's leg bounced on the floor, the awkward silence filling the small space.

It being summer, there was an added thin layer of heat that warmed the confined space. Will reached back, pealing his jumper off of his back. He rolled his sleeves up so they were just passed his elbows.

Which Anika was a sucker for.

She averted her eyes, looking back down at the ground.

The time was now 16:53

Anika kept thinking about the trouble she was going to be in when she got home. And while she had a good reason to be late, she was preparing herself for the shit storm.

The time was ticking on and nothing was happening. No movement, no shifting and no conversation. The two sat in silence.

Both wanted to start a conversation, but neither felt like they could deal with another fight. Usually, they have a maximum of 2 day, and considering they had already reached that limit today, one more would just be exhausting.

"My first detention, and I'm stuck in a lift with William Lenney"

She sighed, letting the situation finally sink in. Will chuckled, nodding his head.

"Doesn't sound too bad to me"

He replied, earning a teasing roll of her eyes from the girl.

"Of course you'd say that"

The two were silent for a few moments, before what she had said finally came to Will entirely.

"Wait, this is your first detention?"

She nodded, Will leaning forward so his back was lifted off the wall.

"In 4 years, this is your first detention?"

"Yes"

She exaggerated, smiling at the shock look on his face.

"How have you made it this far into comp and not had a detention before? I get them practically every day"

She shrugged.

"I care about school. Plus, my mother would murder me if I had one. So don't be surprised if I turn out dead tomorrow"

She chuckled without humour.

"Is she one of those mothers then?"

Without needing a proper explanation of his comment, she nodded her head. She couldn't believe she was about to have this conversation with William Lenney.

"The pressure I get from her to do well is insane. I'm doing pretty well in school I think, and for a B or an A not to be good enough for her, really puts a damper on everything"

She spilled, not really caring whether he was listening or not. At least it was someone.

"But you're an A* average"

He reminded.

"I know, but anything less than that, stuff gets taken off me. My phone, my computer, my bloody guitar. Literally anything that brings me joy"