Silver Lining

I woke up with a start, the sudden jolt of pain brought me back to consciousness and my vision began to clear. A sudden stab of pain reminded me of my current predicament. I got up from my crumpled position and stretched my back and extended my claws.

I began to clean my now dull, black coat. 'Why?' I thought to myself. 'What did I do to deserve this torment?' I'm terribly sick, I can't eat or drink. Everything solid I try to eat comes back up. I began to think about life and how close my ending is. I left my friend Brandy to look after Ben, the one who takes care of me, so he won't worry about my pending death.

I looked up to see a looming figure pick me up. I growl and hiss but to no avail, 'Why do they try to save me? I can't be saved.' They hold me down and force my mouth open. They put this white thing in my mouth, followed by some foul smelling liquid. 'Why do they try? It will only hurt them more when it fails.'

Over time, I began to slowly regain ,y appetite and began to feel healthy again. After all this time of strugglung, I should have just let them treat me. So, now I know my ending isn't as close as I thought, and nothing lasts forever. I finally found my silver lining.