Chapter 26: College Secrets

Back from vacation and ready to post again!
So I thought this scene would fit Dean and Ava better. I know this episode was in season 10 but let's say this episode was in season 15 because Ava would be in college.
***

Interior of the Men of Letters bunker warroom. Dean is heading upstairs eating as Sam is heading downstairs.

Sam: Hey.

He notices what Dean is eating.

Sam: What in the world?
Dean: A croissookie.

They continue walking toward the library.

Sam: A croissookie?
Dean: Mmhmm. Yeah, they're the new cronuts.
Sam: Okay. So, what? Half cookie, half –
Dean: Who gives a crap? They're freakin' awesome.

Dean puts the croissookie down on a table.

Dean: There is a case. Hmm? Check this out. Iowa teen claims possessed pickup kills driver.

Dean holds up the tablet computer with the headline from Weekly Review.

Dean: oh wow there's a case right here in town
Sam: really?

The boys both look at the newspaper together.

Sam: isn't that Ava's college
Dean: yeah and looks like someone made the news and didn't tell us about it

Sam and Dean both looked at the news and then at each other.

The Impala is driving down a road. They pull in and park in a parking lot at Ava's college . They exit the Impala and head toward the college. Dean checks out two coeds walking by.

Dean: Sorry I ever made you leave.

Another coed passes in front of him inside the college.

Dean: God, they're everywhere.

Two girls are heading down the stairs. One of them was Ava.

Ava: *see them* oh crap
Other Girl: who are you?
Dean: I'm the girl's father, that's who I am
Ava: if you boys are here about the case in town. It's fine nothing happened
Dean: nothing happened? If nothing happened why were you blasted all over the news about a murder case
Sam: did you go on a hunt?
Ava: what? No! I would never! I swear
Dean: you better swear
Ava: look, I have finals tomorrow. Can we talk about this later?
Sam: Then we'll make it fast. I promise.

They are now in the college library. Dean keeps checking out the girls.

Ava: It's like I told the detective. I was drunk, but I wasn't hallucinating. The truck had a mind of its own.
Dean: you were drinking?
Ava: that's beside the point dad
Dean: How so?
Ava: Like, the air went full blast even though it wasn't on and the radio went crazy and so did Trini.
Dean: And Trini is?

Sam and Ava both rolled their eyes.

Dean: what? Am I supposed to know what it is?
Ava: Trini is the nav app dad, we were using. It – It's like a talking map. You're Gen X. Right.
Dean: Okay, so Trini and everything else in the truck went all "Christine."
Ava: Who's Christine?
Dean: It's a Gen X thing.
Ava: I swear that truck was hell-bent on killing Billy.
Sam: Did Billy have any enemies? Anybody who might have had a beef with him?
Ava: Maybe his brother Joey. They fought all the time. It's so sad. They never got to set it right.
Dean: Because Billy died.
Ava: No. Joey did. In Afghanistan.
Sam: Do you know where he's buried?
Ava: He's not. Never came home. I.E.D.
Dean: Did Billy happen to have anything of his brother's on him when he died? Uh, dog tags, a hat, something?
Ava: Just his pickup.
Sam: So the truck belonged to Joey?
Ava: Yeah. It was his pride and joy. Billy got it when he died, and, you know, it's a thing.
Dean: Yeah. Anyways who's this Billy guy you been hanging out with
Ava: uh... (her phone rings.) save by the bell