Chapter 2: The Truth

Dean and Sam arrived at the pier, and parked and Ava went to follow them out but Sam said.

Sam: uh... Dean...

Dean: Damn the kid, Ava... would you stay in the car please?

Ava: why, all you guys are going to do is talk to people?

Sam: how do you know what we are going to do?

Ava: I heard you and dad talking about investigation, are you guys cops or something?

Dean: something like that

Ava: come on dad...

Dean: Ava... you're too young for this, it's going to be real hard to talk to people when kids are around. I should be setting you back home right now, but we are already on our way here

Ava: *grumbles* fine... I'll stay In the car

Dean: good

Sam: you can listen to my iPod if you want while you wait

Ava: okay, do you have any Zeppelin songs?

Sam: you're defiantly your father's child

Dean: *smiles proud* be good stay in the car

Sam: no talking to strangers and don't let anybody in

Ava: *takes the iPod* got it

Dean and Sam walking down a pier. A few people are fishing. They approached two older men having lunch.

Sam: Excuse me. Are you Ron Stubbins?

Ron nods.

Dean: You were friends with Jimmy Anderson?

Ron: Who are you?

Dean: We're Mr Anderson's insurance company. We're just here to dot 'I's' and cross 'T's'.
Sam: We were just wondering, had the deceased mentioned any unusual recent experiences?
Ron: What do you mean, unusual?
Sam: Well visions, hallucinations.

Dean: It's part of a medical examination kind of thing. It's all very standard.

Ron: What company did you say you were with?
Dean: All National Mutual. Tell me, did he ever mention seeing a truck? A big black truck?

Ron: What the hell are you talking about? Are you even speaking English?

Ron's Friend: Son this truck, a big scary monster looking thing?

Dean: Yeah actually, I think so.

Friend: Hmm.
Dean: What?
Ron's Friend: I have heard of a truck like that.
Sam: You have. Where?
Ron's Friend: Not where. When. Back in the '60s there were a string of deaths. Black men. The story goes, they disappeared in a big, nasty, black truck.

Dean: Did they ever catch the guy who did it?

Ron's Friend: Never found him. Hell, not sure if they even really looked. See there was a time, this town wasn't too friendly to all its citizens.

Sam: Thank you.

Sam and Dean make their way back down the pier to Impala.

Dean: Truck.

Sam: Keeps coming up doesn't it?

Dean: You know, I was thinking. Have you heard of the flying Dutchman?

Sam: Yeah, a ghost ship, infused with the Captain's evil spirit. It was basically part of him.
Dean: (nodding) So what if we're dealing with the same thing? You know, a phantom truck, an extension of some bastard's ghost, re-enacting past crimes.