Chapter 15 Preparations

"HELLLOOOOOO!!!!" A crazed voice yelled.

Surging awake on account of my head being submerged into water I struggled to find breath. Only as I felt the burning of my lungs did I get pulled out of the water. Gasping for air I quickly realized what was happening.

Back here again....

Collecting myself I quickly took note of everything. Currently I was strapped to another torture device, this one being a large table hung over a small pool of water. I was also back in the conditioning room of the dojo. An last but not least that crazed shit head of a 'doctor' was causing me migraines again.

"Hellllooo sleepy head!!!" He called again this time almost in my face. Sending a hateful glare his way I watched as his grin grew a whole two sizes. "Ahh it's so good to see you Subject Zero, how are you this fine morning?" He asked. "Don't answer that! I already know the answer." He yelled out before prancing off to diddle with a console. "What do you want?" I croaked out, already too annoyed to put up with him.

"Well I'm glad you asked Zero. To put things mildly, you're getting a new friend!" He announced loudly. Hearing him press a few buttons on the console I felt my table move towards the centre of the room as it turned so I was vertical. I was confused about that statement until I heard the door barge open. Standing there was a young looking blond man in a rather flamboyant open chest suit.

"Doc if you were going to get a stripper, could it at least be a woman." I muttered sarcastically as I did my best to get comfy. I know how these people operate, he is here to either fuck with me, or fuck me up.

"This right here Zero is Riser Phenex, a high class Devil." The Doctor introduced.

"And your superior." The blond added.

I already hated this fucker.

"Not only is he a jackass and delusional, he can't even pronounce stripper right. Doc is this really all you could find?" I joked completely ignoring the (now furious) blondie.

Crying out in pain, my torso burst into flame. Convulsing violently against my bindings I noticed Phenex was the cause. "Riser is honestly glad I got you as a personal stress ball." He taunted. "It's always fun when the 'tough guys' break." He added as the flames intensified. My screams drowning out in the sound proof room...

*Home, Current Day, Early morning*

Lurching forward into an upright position I quickly realized that it was just a dream.

The phantom pains didn't help though...

Groaning quietly to myself I attempted to stand up. Stopping quickly though after I noticed the broken glass on the floor around me. Currently I was in the living area of my mansion on one of the couches surrounded by empty bottles of varying liquor.

"Oh ya... drank myself into a coma last night... ugh." I mumbled to myself as the hangover started kicking in.

Looking at the nearby table I saw my phone with a blinking blue light. Nabbing the piece of tech I saw several missed calls from everyone in the peerage, Akeno and Rias especially, all asking where I was and if I was ok. Scrolling further down I noticed another separate message from Rias. This one instructing me that we would be going to a family owned house outside of Kuoh for training and preparing for the Rating Game. And also instructions about what time they would be leaving. Looking towards the clock I noticed the severe differences.

"Aww fuuuuuck....."

*Moments Later, Outskirts of Kuoh*

Leaping through the air I was using a combo of air dashes and leaps to cover the distance. All while cloaked mind you, and yes I could just fly, I just have my own preferences, and I can't teleport cuz I've never been to this this place before.