Chapter 6

Night Shift
Night 2

Dazai eventually went home to get some sleep before the day shift tomorrow. Kunikida was alone with Atsushi. As Kunikida prepared dinner for himself and Atsushi he kept an eye on the ill boy's room to prevent last nights incident with Chuya.

Kunikida fished his meal and went into Atsushi's room with the syringe to feed him. While feeding Atsushi, Kunikida decided to check the younger male's temperature. Kunikida sighed because he knew that Atsushi's fever has only gotten higher.

Kunikida was so occupied with checking Atsushi's temperature he didn't even notice the fevered boy was awake.

Kunikida: I see that you are awake. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you I was just checking your temperature.

Atsushi just stared at the the man. Kunikida began to feel concerned because after taking a better look at Atsushi he could see that the boy's eyes seemed dull like he was still asleep even though his eyes were open.

Kunikida: Atsushi can you hear me.

Atsushi began to mouth the word help before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and his body began to shake. Kunikida quickly realized Atsushi was having a seizure and calmly removed the boy's IV. Kunikida began to panic because aside from removing nearby items he didn't know what to do. Luckily for him Fukuzawa entered the room and gently picked up Atsushi and laid him gently on the floor on his side.

Kunikida: President.

Fukuzawa: Don't worry it's important to stay calm during this sort of thing.

Fukuzawa then knelt down to the convulsing boy and quickly but gently removed the port for the feeding tube. Atsushi whimpered out of pain of the feeding tube being removed.

Fukuzawa: Shh I know that hurt. I am so sorry. This will be over soon I promise just try to stay calm.

Fukuzawa then stood up and messed with his watch and then looked over at Atsushi before taking a few steps back from the boy and then turned to Kunikida.

Fukuzawa: Kunikida synchronize your watch if this seizure goes over 5 minutes we need to get him to a hospital.

Kunikida: Yes sir.

The time slowly passed as the two adult men had to stand by and wait for the seizure to pass. Watching the boy convulse was torture and sadly he was already at 4 minutes. Thankfully Atsushi's convulsions began to slow down. A few seconds later Atsushi was no longer convulsing. Kunikida was about to gently pick up Atsushi when the boy weakly held himself up and began to vomit.

Once the vomiting was over Atsushi began to feel exhausted and he lost control of the weakened arms that held him up. Luckily Kunikida caught the ill boy before he landed in his vomit. Kunikida then carried Atsushi back to his hospital bed.

Fukuzawa: Make sure to turn his head to the side in case he has a seizure again. Also because he vomited don't feed him anything too heavy and tell Dazai to do the same thing for breakfast tomorrow.

Kunikida: Yes sir.

Fukuzawa put a new IV tube into Atsushi as well as putting the feeding tube back in before leaving the infirmary.