19-How Evergreen, Our Group of Friends

Start from the beginning

"She's a she-devil, that's what she is"

---

Warm freckles were felt forming on the boy's worn-out skin. His eyes were squinted shut. The creases on his eyelids looked like a very messy path that leads nowhere. The surface beneath his back did not feel friendly, but familiar. His eyes draped open like velvet curtains, only to be feverishly struck by the eager sun rays.

Draco's back snapped forward as a black coat fell off him, onto his knees. His eyes were barely open, yet open enough to find himself in front of the black lake. Unlike last time, he remembers exactly how he found himself here. He remembers seeing her and being pulled underwater with her...Hiding from someone-yet his mind could not go as far as remembering who. 

His eyes, now fully open, capture the glistening frenetic eyes of her. His nose had twitched, and his face felt rashy like he'd stuck his head in a bush of poison ivy. 

His long legs stood up and he carried himself towards her. A smile crept on his face. Again, not friendly, but familiar.  

"You saved my life,"

He spoke, kneeling on the evergreen grass. His head was tilted to look down on her, and his blonde hair was messy and ruffled like the grass beneath him. Her cheeks, once a warm ivory shade had turned into a bright pink. He had chuckled deeply seeing the vivid effects he had on her.

"What was after us?" He asked, with a curious linger

"A very pretty girl" She muttered quietly "I don't know who..."

"Well, describe her"

...

I took a moment to think "She had the brightest green eyes I had ever seen" I tried to think of her features more, and although her face had been so clear in my head, I found it so difficult to pinpoint an exact feature, and describe them. I failed, finding myself immediately restarting at Draco's memorized features when I did try. 

"Many girls in our school have green eyes. For all I know you could be describing Potter" He spat, emphasizing the last word 'Potter'. I squinted my eyes and tilted my head to the left slightly. I hadn't heard of such a thing called 'Potter'. I wondered if it was a human dish or some mechanical object they used 

His face alternated between façades. "Nevermind, it isn't impor-"

"I want to know. Tell me" 

I could tell Draco was hesitant to speak, but once he opened his mouth, I felt like I had heard his voice more now than I ever have before. He spoke bitterly, the words were sour and he felt the need to spit them out. Although I shouldn't complain, I practically demanded he tells me. 

'Harry Potter, the boy who lived' He spat over and over again, it was annoyingly repetitive. His face had snarled and wrinkled like a paper ball as he spoke about the boy. I felt as Draco had tried to summarize his input as little as possible, knowing I have very little about the human world. Although, even with his simpler version of an explanation, I still had many questions; What was 'Scar Face' 'Mudblood', 'Weaslbee'?

I was intimidated again, to say the least. I had been so used to his soft gaze on me. He looked and spoke like an entirely different person now. One much more alarming and eerie. One I hoped to never face again.  

"Well, she doesn't have a scar on her forehead and wears glasses" I felt too my tone had been as sour as his like his bitter words had gone down my throat and terribly influenced my speech. I took in an intake of air and sank into the water so the top half of my neck showed. I felt the more water I was engulfed by, the less embarrassment would take over my nerves. He smirked at this, contrasting completely with how I felt; Small, belittled, trivialized, shall I go on?