14-There is a Glorious Sunrise

My Dearest Draco,

I hope you are doing well. I miss you so dearly and I cannot wait to see you again. On that note, I truly regret to inform you this, we have been asked to spend a couple of days at the Dark Lord's residence. Please do not beat yourself up for this, do not stress yourself self- you have far too much on your mind. All the Lord wants us to go through your task, which I assume is going well. Your friend Pansy has been asked to join as well. Her parents will be at home, as your aunt Bella and I will be chaperoning the visit instead (which causes less tension, the Parkinson's are very contradicting and could cause something far more than a fuss).

You will be at the train station on December 6th, at 3 AM sharp. I will be there to apparate you both to the Riddles Residence

I love you,

Mum ☺

He sighed, crumpling up the piece of paper, tossing it into the fireplace. In 2 days, he had to sleep at the Dark Lords' dwelling. He had already conjured an image of what his horrid house might look like; Bold, tall, and covered with dust webs- Lingering spirits of dead ancestors and broken relatives would casually roam the empty cold halls. Random screams would abruptly occur now and then habitually. The air would be nothing but dust, dirty old dust as if he were in a sandstorm in there.

His heart rose up and down, by no means fluttery or gently, quite the opposite. He had his head nestled between the palms of his hands, shaking it. He was in a sort of crouched kneeling position, hung low. Thoughts upon thoughts of any excuse. Except, there is no excuse when it comes to him. Draco would be on his death bed and would still be far more than expected to serve him.

Draco felt the rush of emotions pass him; Angry at his father, for he put him and his mother in the place they are now, Draco was now picking up his father's mess. Stressed as he had done nothing but fail. Fail with the cabinet, and has gotten nowhere near killing Dumbledore. And worst of all, the feeling that draped any other; Fear.

He felt a ringing in his ears, a chime bell that swung back and forth vexingly- The waves of sound trapping him in his head, making it nearly impossible to escape. A lingering and intimate gaze was imprinted on the back of his neck, almost unshackling him from his worrying state.

'Draco?' A voice called

Pansy's walk-in was so very sudden. He hadn't realized the loud footsteps against the hard cobblestone until his name was called

He turned and faced her, standing on the stairway

"What are you doing there?" She spoke quickly

"Bored," He said

The only sound to be heard was the crackling fires and the hushed waves of the black sea. The commotion of silence was maybe 10 seconds long, but it felt longer. Draco ushered her to come, patting an empty spot next to him.

"I see you're back from the infirmary" He lulled, his eyes stuck on the verdant blaze

"'Came back this morning actually"

"Oh- I slept in... I was working on the cabinet..."

"...Did you manage to get anyt-"

A sudden reminder flew by him- How could he forget?

"I forgot to mention-We have to visit his place in a few days," He said, ignoring her question

"-ing- What? His? Do you mean-" She leaned in with a whisper, whilst he firmly answered with a 'Yes'