I walked in and Nate was already seated. Kayla wasn't in class, she had to leave early for an appointment. Jace wasn't there yet, but the tension was already evident.

Nate glanced up and met my eyes, but looked right back down to his book. I took my seat just as the bell rung.

Jace never made it to class.

Nate just ignored me.

And my partner in crime abandoned me.

I just wanted to crawl into my bed and bury myself in chocolate.

Class went by and next thing I knew the bell rung signaling the end of the day.

I stood up and turn back to see if Nate was still there and maybe speak to him, but he was long gone.

Walking outside, I felt the cool refreshing air on my face. It was much needed I felt as if my body was going to over heat being in there.

I jogged down the steps and walked into the school's parking lot.

Since I knew Kayla was going to abandon me today, I drove myself.

Yes I know how to drive.

But sometimes I forget I can myself.

I walked up to my blue Toyota Corolla and was just about to unlock it when I saw something or rather someone out of the corner of my eye.

Jace was leaning against the hood of his car. No one was around him and I decided in the moment I wanted answers.

I took big strides over to him and in a few seconds I was standing directly in front of him.

"Do you want to tell me what the he-" I stopped mid sentence as I caught a look at his face.

A small gasp left my lips.

His bottom lip was busted open and bleeding. His right cheek discolored like a bruise was going to definitely form there. The skin on his knuckles were broken.

"What happened?" I asked unconsciously reaching towards his face.

Jace grabbed my hand to stop me. "Don't." His voice raspy.

His hazel eyes were darkened and hard. His grip on my hand loosen.

I reached into my bag and grabbed a napkin. I reach towards his face once more in a swift manner and wiped the blood that was near his lip.

Jace avoided eye contact, but grabbed the napkin from my hand.

We stood there in silence.

I spoke up once more. "What happened Jace?" I asked concern lace in my voice.

"Don't worry about it." He said pushing off the hood of his car.

"Jace." I said grabbing his arm stopping him from leaving.

"Why do you care?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

Did I care?

Yes I did.

"Because despite us being in a fake relationship. I consider you a friend and I don't want to see you get hurt." I told him.