𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓁 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝐼𝓉 𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒟𝒶𝓎 - 𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒪𝓌𝓁

Kenma was pacing back and forth, biting his finger as he glanced at Bokuto who was currently on the phone with his coach.

Akaashi sat on the couch, watching from afar. Kuroo was sitting at the kitchen island, bouncing his leg as he stared at his phone, scrolling rapidly.

"Yes, Coach. Sorry, Mr. Foster." Bokuto sighed, hanging up the phone and rubbing his forehead.

"What did he say?" Kenma asked nervously. Bokuto scratched his head.

"He already told me to take some time off because of my concussion. So I guess I'll just go back when I'm better. He said the drama probably won't die down but it happens with athletes all the time." Bokuto closed his eyes.

"We just have to wait it out. Kuro?"

Kuroo slammed his phone down a bit harshly.

"My boss is freaking out. He wants me to take a leave of absence, and I don't know if I'm gonna get paid for it." Kuroo massaged his temples, groaning a bit.

Akaashi's eyes wandered over to Kenma.

He seemed to be on the verge of tears.

"I'm so sorry," Kenma whispered.

"Sorry?" Kuroo repeated. "We're fucked. Bo's gonna have to lay low, I probably won't get paid—"

"Kuro," Akaashi interrupted, shaking his head at the frustrated man. Kuroo sighed.

"I still have my job, no one recognized me, and if they did, who cares about editors. Kenma can still stream and make money, and on top of that, we have more than enough to support each other without you getting paid." Akaashi stood up and walked over to Kuroo. He gently rubbed the man's back, relaxing his shoulders.

"We'll be fine, alright?" Akaashi smiled kindly. Before anyone could reply, Akaashi noticed Kenma turn away and rush up the stairs.

He was crying.

Akaashi clicked his tongue.

"Seriously, Kuro. The last thing we need to do is play the blame game." Akaashi left Kuroo and Bokuto, hurrying up the stairs and going after Kenma.

Akaashi knocked on the door but earned no response.

"Babe?" Akaashi called out softly.

Again, no reply.

"Kenma?" Akaashi tried, not wanting to open the door without a response. "Kenma, I'm coming in."

Akaashi pushed open the door, spotting Kenma on his bed, face buried in his pillow. His computer was in the trash, still connected to the cable charger.

Akaashi walked towards the edge of the bed and sat down.

He leaned over so he could whisper in Kenma's ear.

"Can I touch you, my love?" Akaashi questioned, his voice gentle.

Kenma shook his head.

Akaashi bit his lip.

"Do you want me to?"

After a beat, Kenma nodded.

"Shall I, then?" Akaashi proposed. Again, Kenma nodded.

Akaashi placed his hand on Kenma's back, his first finger rubbing back on forth over his spine.

He kissed the back of Kenma's neck.

"You know none of them actually blame you, right?"

Kenma scoffed.

"It's not your fault-"